FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox MXO2 or something else?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denis O'Keefe
Matrox MXO2 or something else?
on Jun 10, 2009 at 3:49:15 pm

On occasion I need to send an SD composite feed from the EX cameras so I was about to buy a small converter and have some suggestions from this forum which to look at.
I've been looking at the Matrox MXO 2 or the AJA IO to bring various formats into my Mac laptop for editing and to output to various formats.
Does it make sense to spend the extra money on the Matrox instead of a cheaper SDI-composite converter since it can be used for many more tasks?
Will the Matrox operate as a stand alone converter in the field without the laptop attached ( for SDI-composite feeds)?
I have a current macbook pro so I'm good for a couple years use but will I get stuck connecting the Matrox to the laptop when there are no more expresscard ports if my current laptop goes toes up?
Suggestions will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Matrox MXO2
on Jun 10, 2009 at 4:06:28 pm

The Matrox MXO2 is a terrific up-down and cross converter but I believe you will need to control it with your MBP. What I love about the MXO2 is that it doesn't just work with a laptop, it is a solid I/O solution for the dedicated edit bay as well, it comes with a PCIe interface card that drops into a Mac Pro.
I believe the next version will also include an Mpeg-4 encoder, ............very cool!!!

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]