FORUMS: list search recent posts

Non-Professional Monitor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Tyler
Non-Professional Monitor
on Jun 9, 2009 at 8:29:44 pm

EX-3 Shoot. Generally I'd take my HD/SDI signal (BNC) out to a professional monitor. On this shoot I'll be using a Samsung Television/Monitor. Full size professional monitor is not an option.
The monitor has Component (RGB), DVI-D and HDMI inputs.
The monitor is 1080 capable.

Any suggestions for an adapter or cable breakout from cameras HD/SDI (BNC Cable) to this monitor?

As a fallback I can always use analog, but I'd rather have my client see the best picture.
Big Thanks,
joe

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Non-Professional Monitor
on Jun 9, 2009 at 8:39:15 pm

The EX came with a component port and proprietary breakout cable. It is on the left side with a black plastic cover. You just need RCA female to female barrels and extra component cable.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:06:31 pm

You might consider getting HD-SDI to HDMI which I suspect should give you very good quality out.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/miniconverters/

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:36:36 pm

Sorry Joe, I honestly missed your last sentence. I don't think you will be disappointed with component, however one single cable is much easier to run.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Joe Tyler
on Jun 10, 2009 at 1:39:27 am

Big thanks Guys, I think the Blackmagic converter may be a good permanent solution. For this shoot I'll probably run the analog component and place an order for the SDI-HDMI converter.

This would probably let me adapt the Cine Alta and some other HDSDI cameras to run onto ridiculously large "client" monitors in video village.

Thanks for the Super rapid response. You guys are like customer service, Sony should pay your salaries.

Thanks,
Joe Tyler

http://www.killianthered.com
DP in the Washington DC Area
EX3 Owner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]