FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 import

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Batuhan Ozturk
EX3 import
on Jun 6, 2009 at 10:58:49 pm

Hey folks,

I've got a major problem for 2 days now!
I just cant import footage from my ex3......

The first thing i did before I even got started, is that i've installed xdcam transfer and clipbrowser.
Restart my mac and excute FCP file import sony xdcam. Unfortunnetly i didnt worked because i had version FCP 6.01. I had an upgrade to 6.05 and also my quicktime to 7. restarted the computer and this time a missing Pdw-01 so I downloaded this and installed i! NOTHING.

So after hours thinking and struggling and deleted xdcam and clipbrowser. Searched on the web for the latetst version and installed xdcam transfer 2.9 and also S&S driver and the clipbrowser.

Xdcam transfer is working now, but there is antoher problem. My mac does not see and finding my xdcam. I'm going crazy folks. I put the firewire cable in and out and nothing is happening what should I do?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX3 import
on Jun 7, 2009 at 3:40:25 am

[Batuhan Ozturk] "I put the firewire cable in and out and nothing is happening what should I do?"

You can't transfer files from the EX series cameras to a computer via the iLINK port (firewire) but only by USB. Take the camera's USB cable out of the box and connect that to your camera and to the computer. Then turn on the camera. In the viewfinder window you'll be prompted to execute the connection. Once that's done the camera's solid state memory card will show up on the desktop like any other attached device.

- Don

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 8, 2009 at 1:08:53 pm

And pay a bit of attention to the manual some times.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Klaus Haaning
on Jun 10, 2009 at 8:30:02 pm

My camera wont work with the firewire cable either.
I was going to make a live streaming using the program wirecast, I hooked my camera up with a firewire cable on the I link which I according to the manual should be able to see.
its important that I use SP 1080 50i (pal I am in Europe) and I enabler the I link in the menu then I put the trigger mode to both (this is all according the manual page133) but I am not able to see the camera.
Can anyone tell me what I do wrong?

Klaus

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 10, 2009 at 10:15:19 pm

Klaus, if you poke around the COW (COW Poke?) you'll see my "capo" on the Wirecast forum as well.
As you might have guessed I've used the EX with Wirecast and it works fine. I've done this on both Mac OS Leopard and Windows XP.

Tell me a bit about your setup.

Set camera to SP
Menu Other iLink Enable.
Turn camera on and connect to computer.
Open Wirecast (currently version 3.5.2)
You should see an icon (shot) that says HDV-VCR which is the camera.
You'll get an HDV Watermark on the image unless you've bought the Wirecast HDV plugin.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 10, 2009 at 10:02:50 pm

Once we get the camera going you can head over here if you have Wirecast issues.
COW Wirecast forum

BTW I also like the idea of using the EX for live streaming.

Return to posts index

Klaus Haaning
on Jun 11, 2009 at 5:46:39 am

Hello Greg.
Thank you for your answer.
I have done everything right, like you wrote to me, and still it does not see my camera, although yesterday I tried it on my mac pro and it worked once and the next time I connected it, it didnt, but not even once it worked on my macbook pro.
Do you have any suggestions what to try?

Klaus

Return to posts index

Klaus Haaning
on Jun 11, 2009 at 6:52:19 am

Hello Graig.
It worked this morning .
Thank you very much I will take a look at the thread it looks interesting

Best regards
Klaus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>