FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delkin ExpressCard 34 eFilm 6 In 1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Levy
Delkin ExpressCard 34 eFilm 6 In 1
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:15:05 pm

I recently purchase a pair of Delkin ExpressCard readers, hoping to use them with SDHC cards in my EX1. (They are the eFilm readers.) I'm using a brand new Transcend 32GB SDHC card.

I haven't been successful. The reader/card combination isn't recognized by the camera. Sony firmware version is 1.11_0531. Sony SxS cards work great.

Do I need to format the SDHC card first in my computer?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I wasn't able to find the link.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Delkin ExpressCard 34 eFilm 6 In 1
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:20:37 pm

It may well be the Delkin since a design change resulted in their not working with EX in the early days of these experiments.

Don't make things difficult for yourself.
Why not go with the adaptors designed for EX, MxR, MxM, Hoodman?

Curious why you didn't ask here first what adaptor to get?

Return to posts index

Daniel Levy
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:30:21 pm

My dumb! I saw information at http://www.xdcamexinfo.com which talked up the Delkin readers, and subsequently found a good price. Should have stuck with CreativeCow, as I always get great info here.

Could you give me a link where to purchase readers that you know to work?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:41:23 pm

Seems to be some misinformation or misunderstood information on that site. Seems the person managing the site has been gathering and apparently misinterpreting information coming from other forums. Best to check those forums directly (like this one). Seems he's victim of "telephone" syndrome.

For a time Delkin worked but, like Kennsington, they made changes so newer adaptors did not work.

MxR, MxM, Hoodman are ALL the SAME ADAPTOR coming from the SAME MANUFACTURER. Hoodman is getting their cards from MxM actually.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:29:23 pm

What Craig said plus:

[Daniel Levy] "Do I need to format the SDHC card first in my computer?"

No. Let the camera do it. Both Sony SxS Pro and SDHC memory cards require FAT32 formatting. I tried to format one of my cards using a Macbook Pro once and I guess the camera didn't like that particular flavour of FAT32 because it just wanted to format the card again anyway.

- Don

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:29:06 pm

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1063

Here is the link to purchase the adapter. This is the only supplier here in the USA of these adapter's. They are $49.99. They kind of rip you off on the shipping / around $12, which seems high for a small light object.

Brent Dunn
DunnRight Video.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Levy
on Jun 2, 2009 at 6:37:51 pm

Thanks. I appreciate everyone's help a lot!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 2, 2009 at 7:20:44 pm

The shipping is a lot less than MxR, MxM from Australia though. Shipping costs as much as the card and it's slow. Total cost is less from Hoodman.

Return to posts index

Daniel Levy
on Jun 3, 2009 at 3:07:50 am

Actually, the Aussies (MxR) charged $5 less per card than Hoodman. I bought 2 cards plus a reader and they charged $7 for Airmail shipping for everything.

Will probably take a few days more to get here, but that's $15 less for 2 cards plus shipping.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:10:02 pm

Their shipping charges have dropped drastically. When I ordered it was like $35 for one card, international mail, no tracking.

Return to posts index

Daniel Levy
on Jun 10, 2009 at 9:43:58 am

MxR cards arrived from Australia today and work great in my EX1. Thanks Craig for aiming me in that direction.

Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]