FORUMS: list search recent posts

record on slots a and b at the same time

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vigen Kachikean
record on slots a and b at the same time
on Jun 1, 2009 at 8:42:09 pm

Hi everyone, so i settled with ex1 and about to order my cam. I'm just wondering if i have 1-32gig sdhc card in slot a and another 32gig sdhc card in slot b can i record on both cards at same time, for a back up.

second thing, i talked to a rep at hoodman he said that they do not guarantee any other sdhc cards other then their brand. has anyone used hoodman adaptor with other sdhc cards.I read the other treads about the sdhc cards i'll be ordering the transcend cards so i was wondering if the hoodman adapter and transcend cards would work together.

thank you. Vick

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: record on slots a and b at the same time
on Jun 1, 2009 at 9:38:51 pm

EX only records 1 slot at a time. That really shouldn't be a problem. Backup when you transfer to other media.

MxR, MxM, Hoodman are all the same adaptor (made by same manufacturer). It seems many people are quite happy with Transcend SDHC Class 6 cards.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:26:31 am

[Vigen Kachikean] "a rep at hoodman he said that they do not guarantee any other sdhc cards other then their brand. "

Hoodman's just spewing F.U.D. (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt). They're charging a big premium over other SDHC cards, and I'm sure if you dig deep enough, you'll find that they all come from the same place.

We've been using other brands quite happily so far.

Mark

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:28:02 pm

I don't doubt that Hoodman is going through "extraordinary" effort to QC their cards. They may well be paying more attention to QC than the typical mass market card manufacturer/vendor and therefor charge a "premium" for their "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval (their own branded SDHC cards).

But beyond the anecdotal, there's not much in way of raw statistics to say if their cards fail any less and funding such research is probably beyond Hoodman's own capacity.

Basically they're charging for attention to QC with the general belief that the card is less likely to fail than a mass market card. As to whether the statistical difference in failure rate is notable, that's the unanswerable question.

Personally, I buy a new card I give it a torture test.

Return to posts index

Vigen Kachikean
on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:59:57 pm

Thank you everyone for the responds. I wish you could record same footage at slot B for an instant back up.
Vick

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
on Jun 3, 2009 at 2:44:01 am

The AFT ExpressCard reader works just as good with SanDisk class 4 and Transcend class 6 SDHCs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839176001
Not that it matters but the AFT takes the SDHC card 'face' side facing you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]