FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-Cam with SOny EX1 and HVX200

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Multi-Cam with SOny EX1 and HVX200
on May 27, 2009 at 12:47:45 pm

So I just took a multicam tutorial in FCP and want to use my Sony EX1 and HVX200 to shoot a project.

I did...

Then i brought the footage into FCP and went to create a multi clip sequence, but it said the footage must be the same to do multicam.

I was shooting 720p modes for both cameras, but when I looked at the footage, one was 1280 x 720 and the other was 960 x 720... I didn't know there were different flavors of 720p... Ouch!

How do I fix this.... How do I shoot with both cameras capturing the same frame size in the future?

I just need to understand what is going on here...

Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Multi-Cam with SOny EX1 and HVX200
on May 27, 2009 at 1:49:55 pm

FWI the 720p DVC Pro HD resolution is 960x720 and the Sony EX 720p resolution is true 1280x720. What Final Cut means is that the format must be 720p DVC Pro HD codec or 720p EX Codec. The resolution and codec must match. If you are going to try this again then you will need a device to capture the uncompressed HD signal from like the Matrox MXO2 I/O.

The MXO2 is a portable I/O that with accept your HD-SDI from the EX camera and allow you to use Final Cut to capture to hard drive with in the field as DVC Pro HD. The Matrox MXO2 interfaces threw the express 34 slot of newer Mac Book Pro units and it also has a PCIe card that stays with your Mac Pro in the office. This is an amazing tool and if you don't currently have a capture card you will be needing one and this is a great way to solve the field and office needs.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mxo2/

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Nigel Ellis
on May 27, 2009 at 8:58:32 pm

capture the files (transfer and log) or render them, to be the same format and resolution - XDCAM, DVCPRO, Prores422 etc. in FCP and then you should be OK.

Nigel Ellis

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on May 27, 2009 at 9:04:24 pm

I'd work in true 720P (1280x720, square pixels) and conform your Panasonic's footage to it for multicam edit. No sense in wasting the Sony's resolution. Silly non-square pixels...that's so analog! :)

Cf

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 27, 2009 at 10:07:08 pm

I'd make everything 720p ProRes- standard not HQ which is overkill IMHO. You can do this as a batch in Compressor. Just be ready for it to take a while.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]