FORUMS: list search recent posts

flightcase? which brand/type?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Irene Driessen
flightcase? which brand/type?
on May 16, 2009 at 7:08:34 am

Hi all,

I've been a long time EX1 user (oh well, as far as 'long time' exists with EX1, got one in nov 2007), am buying my own right now. I will travel with it as well, eg in August I will take it to the US, so I'm thinking about getting a flightcase apart from just a bag for regular shoots.

Which brands/types should I consider?

Best regards,
Irene

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: flightcase? which brand/type?
on May 16, 2009 at 3:25:38 pm

I wouldn't check a camera of this size, it wouldn't be worth the loss. I have crammed my EX1 into my backpack before when I had already carried on my EX3 bag.

Here is a case that Sony sells for the EX3 that looks good.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 16, 2009 at 4:57:36 pm

Recently blasted out on a multi-city shoot right after NAB. I originally bought a larger top-load Kata for the camera (CC-193). While I was flying to NAB, I realized that smaller commuter, or feeder-sized planes (which are even coming on line for longer flights BTW) have even smaller passenger cabin stowage than I visualized.

I bought some smaller cases from the Bogen/Kata booth:

Kata KT-CC-191

The EX-1 will fit really snugly in this case with the eye piece on the VF removed to relieve some pressure...AND it fits in the overhead compartment or under the seat on even Canadair Regional Jets...

We checked all our personal stuff and gear and my assistant and I each carried on a computer bag and a CC-191, one of which had the camera, and the other contained other data gear.

(Also...the hardside, wheeled golf club case was excellent for the tripod, electrical cables, lighting stands and anything else you can cram into it...)

So...there's an option.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

tito haggardt
on May 16, 2009 at 7:00:13 pm

pelican 1550, you can get the foam cut for an EX1. goes carry on, has wheels and its waterproof. no brainer
aloha
tito

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]