FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subclips into Multiclip i FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bartosz Klimczak
Subclips into Multiclip i FCP
on May 14, 2009 at 7:15:06 pm

Hi there,

I was wandering if anyone could help me out here, I am working with FCP for the first time (just switched from Avid) and need to make multicam, but using sub-clips. I received media in 1 large file 20 gigs, containing 16 camera angles. I synchronized all the footage and made sub-clips, in order to make multicam somehow, but it doesn't work, I get "General error - 34". Making sub-clips was the only logical solution in my opinion to be able to group them but guess I overlooked some important stuff

Appreciate any advice,

Regards Bartek

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Subclips into Multiclip i FCP
on May 14, 2009 at 8:22:14 pm

General Error-34 probably doesn't have anything to do with editing multiclips in FCP:

http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/general_error_34_in_final_cut_pro.p...

This is great tip that was given by Geniusdv Instructor/Owner John Lynn in the GDV Support Forums to a person who was getting a General Error 34 alert while attempting to use Final Cut Pro.

"34 errors almost always refer to a corrupt directory or drive partition. I reccomend running Disk Warrior made by Alsoft to see if you can correct the problem. You can also try running, disk first aid in your utilities folder. If this doesn't fix the problem then, "change your scratch disk location to a different drive, and-or a different folder... see if you get the same error. 34 errors are VERY bad and usually indicate there is a bad section on the hard-drive."

John Lynn.

I also agree with the above recommendation to use DiskWarrior® to fix any potential directory problems on your scratch drive. If the program can't fix it then move your media onto another hard drive(s).

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]