FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hunter Orange XDCAM HD Issue

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Carey
Hunter Orange XDCAM HD Issue
on May 13, 2009 at 2:45:04 pm

Hey gang,

I'm posting this because we are looking at the EX series for replacement for old cameras but we do have a PDW-F350 camera that shoots beautifully EXCEPT when it comes to hunter orange. When you shoot a scene with a hunter wearing this shade of orange, the orange color in the image becomes crushed very very easily.

The camera has been properly setup and adjusted for red clipping but the orange still does this. When we adjust for the orange clipping, the overall chroma has been desaturated so much that the image almost looks monochramatic.

Ok... here's the question... Does the EX series of cameras hold up well with the Hunter Orange color?

Any thoughts?

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Hunter Orange XDCAM HD Issue
on May 13, 2009 at 4:20:51 pm

This is the best I could come up with on such short notice. It's a safety vest. Is that close to hunter orange? I'm not a hunter, so......

• EX3
  • F1.9
  • spot meter 72% on the yellow stripe
  • 5600k w/balance - daylight as only light source
  • 1080p 30

- Don

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: Hunter Orange XDCAM HD Issue
on May 13, 2009 at 6:39:53 pm

Yeah... That's pretty close, Don.

The vests that we seem to use are the hunting vests that you see when folks are pheasant or quail hunting. Sometimes you see it with deer hunting. But the issue happens even time when out in bright skies. You'll see the orange clipping on the screen, not in the viewfinder and really tough to see on the flip out viewfinder screen.

Here's an idea... Put the vest on someone and just go outside on a bright or sunny day and see what happens.

Our F350 camera will do a pretty fair job, but sometimes it still clips after tweeking the camera in some situations.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]