FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 & Sennheiser 416 microphone

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nik Read
EX1 & Sennheiser 416 microphone
on May 10, 2009 at 7:23:28 pm

Hi all, Just wondered if anyone has any advice about general audio settings for the EX1 when using a 416...? I've tried a few, with various results but am keen to know what you guys think. WWith my old DVCAM cameras you could just plug the 416 in, leave the audio channels on auto most of the time and audio was always great, but with the EX1 it seems to need more adjustment. What are the best audio settings generally for this camera? I'm still new to it so any help would be very much appreciated.
all the best, Nik

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: EX1 & Sennheiser 416 microphone
on May 11, 2009 at 4:15:45 am

Hi Nik-

The 416, as you know, is a very sensitive mic, and since you're not running it through a mixer first, I would leave the camera set to "auto". The factory trim setting for mic level is -41dB; this may be fine but I would do some testing with it first. Check for any over modulation issues and adjust accordingly.

Regards,
Dave J

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 11, 2009 at 4:20:51 am

Set your audio to -59db. Professional mics are mostly -60db. And, you'll probably have to turn the phantom power on.

So, the switch under the mic connector is set at the far right position and the impedance is set to -59db.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on May 11, 2009 at 2:26:53 pm

I like my OLD 415 mic. I use it together with a PSC 48PH - 12T converter and it sounds great.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]