FORUMS: list search recent posts

ex3 software freeze

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan jones
ex3 software freeze
on May 10, 2009 at 2:30:53 pm

Brand new Sony EX3 right out of the box. I spent maybe an hour going through the menus, setting them up. Then I white balanced, switched the lens from manual to auto, and the whole thing froze up.

Switching the camera to the Off position does not power the camera off.

After removing and reseating the battery and powering up, the camera powers up and freezes on the sony ex3 logo in the viewfinder. The camera will not power off by the switch, only removing the battery powers the camera off.

Putting the focus switch back to auto made no difference.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Commiserations?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: ex3 software freeze
on May 10, 2009 at 3:52:37 pm

I would try removing the battery and using only the AC power supply.
Then r reset the camera to factory defaults. I believe it is in the Other sub menu

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dan jones
on May 10, 2009 at 7:15:51 pm

actually fixed it.

camera booted up in media direction, then went back to factory defaults in the menu. working ok now. whew.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Don Greening
on May 10, 2009 at 4:14:03 pm

My boss (which is actually my wife) said "Don't even entertain the idea of a repair through Sony. Take the camera back right away to the store you bought it from and ask for another EX3."

The boss has spoken.

Perhaps the only other thing you could try before you do the above is to pull the memory battery (on the bottom of the camera) and then re-install and try another reboot. If that doesn't do it then take the camera back right away, because something is definitely amiss.

- Don

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on May 10, 2009 at 4:11:41 pm

It is always a good idea to listen and obey the boss especially today.

Another thought is to remove the lens as this was when you caused the issue. Try booting up in Media mode to see if it comes back.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]