FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mounting Wireless Receivers

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Barber
Mounting Wireless Receivers
on May 5, 2009 at 9:22:00 pm

I switched from DSR-300 to EX3 and I love the camera, but apparently the designer never heard of wireless mics because there's no reasonable place to put a receiver. So, I created and adaptor for myself that fits into the shotgun mount and provides a velcro surface to hold the receiver(s). It works so well I've put it on Ebay for a big $15 which won't break anyone's bank and gets me lunch money! Go to Ebay and search EX3 Mic Mount. The standard one offers 3 1/2 inches width which holds my two Sony narrow receivers. If you need more room I can customize the length at no additional charge. Enjoy.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Mounting Wireless Receivers
on May 5, 2009 at 9:51:33 pm

Wouldn't it be easier if you posted a link?
Maybe even a screenshot here.
You might get some worthwhile design suggestions since you seem willing to modify.

Return to posts index

Paul Zwicker
on May 7, 2009 at 7:48:31 pm

I just stuck a piece of sticky-backed velcro on the camera behind the hand grip and one on my receiver-a no brainer really. I like the Keep It Simple rule.

Paul Zwicker
ZwickFlicks LLC

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 7, 2009 at 8:26:57 pm

[Paul Zwicker] "I just stuck a piece of sticky-backed velcro on the camera"
I did something like that back in my PD-170 days.

I mount my wireless on top shoe since I generally don't use on camera lights.

I must say it's interesting that the OP was his first and only post at the COW. He didn't even provide a link to the product. I guess he fails spamming 101. If you're selling something provide link.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]