FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vista does not see my Sony 330 XDCAM

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Quinn
Vista does not see my Sony 330 XDCAM
on Apr 21, 2009 at 12:12:34 am

Hello all, hope someone can help me here I have tried on a different forum but no luck as yet,
Firstly I use Sony Vegas 8 and 8.1,Last week I bought a Mesh i7 PC with Vista Home premium hoping for faster renders ect,
I use a Sony F330 XDCAM which I have been using for over 2 years on a windows XP computer flawlessly,
I have loaded the disks that came with the Sony to this new computer and try as I may I cannot get the computer to recognise the Sony Camcorder, am at a loss and would appreciate any help on this
Thomas

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Vista does not see my Sony 330 XDCAM
on Apr 21, 2009 at 2:28:03 am

I wonder if it's driver related. Have you updated all drivers? Have you checked on Sony's site for XDCAM related drivers? Often times drivers that came on the disks can be quite outdated.

Are you saying it's just Vegas that doesn't see XDCAM or is it the computer itself that can't mount the disks.

Would you be willing to go back to XP if all else failed?

Return to posts index

Thomas Quinn
on Apr 21, 2009 at 8:37:12 am

Thanks Craig,
I will download the latest drivers and see what happens,
The computer does not open the XDCAM under (my computer) as was the case in XP, and it has to be disconnected via the safely remove hardware icon on the bottom right of my computer, the XDCAM can be found in my devices under (other items) with a little question mark beside it, hope you can trough some light on this
Thomas

Return to posts index

Claus-Peter Wolf
on May 1, 2009 at 7:46:15 pm

Hi Thomas,

i had the same problem....no way to use the FAM-Mode with XDCAM.
I tried everthing......many days ;-(

I found a solution.....just install the drivers, as it should be.
And then plug in you cam via firewire........the computer
will detect the cam, but you canĀ“t juse it.
now go to devices where you will find the cam (other items) with a little question mark beside it, an install the driver manual.
Send me you email adress to cpwolf(at)gmx.de and i will send you the inf-driver file you need to make a manual installation....it will work

Greating from Cologne

Claus-Peter Wolf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]