FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip Browser Error Message "Umid not found"

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nadia Nareli
Clip Browser Error Message "Umid not found"
on Apr 20, 2009 at 8:36:20 pm

I need some serious help! I can tell you exactly what happened. I was in a major rush and forgot to stop recording before I switched out the battery (I know, I know, but it was a crucial moment when I realized the battery was going to die in an even more crucial moment). At the time, my EX-1 told me I needed to restore the media to continue using the card. I did that and it brought everything up just fine. I can watch the clip in question on the camera's playback, and when I bring it into clip browser, I can watch it just fine there too.

The problem is that I cannot convert it to mxf (which I need for Sony Vegas 8c). The message I get is "Condition Failure-Source Umid Not Found". I have copied the original BPAV folder and stored it. I can see the file in there too, but it is split in two. I have tried to bring the file in clip browser straight through the BPAV folder and it still gives me the error message.

Funny though, when I see the clips in clip browser, my clip comes up as "0266" and in BPAV it comes up as "0266_1" and the second folder is "0266_2".

Any suggestions on how I can grab this file as a working mxf would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Clip Browser Error Message "Umid not found"
on Apr 20, 2009 at 9:26:21 pm

umid is the unique file identifier. Sounds like something went awry with the metadata on that clip.

Try pulling out the .mp4 of the BPAV and use ClipBrowser 2.5 File/Import (which imports orphaned mp4 files). That should create a new BPAV for it. See if you can create MXF for NLEs if imported into ClipBrowser that way.

Return to posts index

Nadia Nareli
on Apr 20, 2009 at 10:04:09 pm

Thank you so much Craig! I totally worked!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 21, 2009 at 2:23:08 am

You're welcome of course!

Given your description I had a hunch it was just the metadata that was damage and the file itself was still good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]