FORUMS: list search recent posts

ENG Lens power Lead options on EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Phillips
ENG Lens power Lead options on EX3
on Apr 17, 2009 at 3:41:15 pm

Just wondered whether there was an adapter cable which will allow the servo zoom to work on a Canon J11 (or any other eng lens). I know that the Fujinon 2/3" adapter has the plug built in, but as I have the Sony one already the cable option would be better. I have a SWIT battery on the camera with a DC out socket, so something to go into that would be great.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Martin.

Return to posts index

Derek Reich
Re: ENG Lens power Lead options on EX3
on Apr 27, 2009 at 2:51:37 pm

Hi, Martin
Seems we're experiencing the same issues and needing the same accessories....

I have the same adapter (just couldn't bear to pay what Fuji wanted for the adapter with the power plug) and figured I really didn't need auto iris or record start/stop anyway. I set my custom button #4 (the one under the lens mount) for record start/stop which works very similar to what I'm used to on my Beta when tripod shooting. However, I quickly realized I sorely missed having servo zoom on my 2/3" lens.

I had a custom cable adapter made by Jony Jib out in CA which plugs into my Canon broadcast lens pigtail and into one of the hirose power taps on my Bebob V-mount battery adapter on the EX. It only provides power to the lens so the servo works, there is still no auto iris or record start/stop, but I am fine with that. John (the owner of Jony Jib) said he could also make a similar cable to work off of a D-tap. I don't know if you are using a battery adapter which has either D-taps or hirose power taps, but if you do this is the ticket. He also made me an adapter for my stock Fuji lens on the EX3 to plug into my Fuji broadcast zoom controller which works beautifully. The cables are extremely well made, and the service and response from John is exemplary. Here is a link to his website: http://www.jonyjib.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]