FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aliasing - Sony EX1?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Erskine
Aliasing - Sony EX1?
on Apr 15, 2009 at 11:19:57 pm

I was involved in a corporate shoot yesterday, and when I copied the files off the SxS Card (via Clip Browser) on the Vegas Pro 8 timeline, I noticed what I believe to be aliasing.

The attached still image from the timeline shows a diagonal pattern running across the lady's blonde hair near/across her forehead. It is quite apparent on the timeline. When I burn it to DVD, it is still there but not as pronounced (viewed on Sony Bravia LCD TV). This is the first time I have had this happen.

I have browsed through this forum, and a prior post suggested adjusting the 'detail' setting. I would be grateful if I could receive feedback if this is indeed 'aliasing'; and how to minimise it. It was shot on EX1 at 1080/25p. Wide aperture/ND1 switched in.

Thanks - Keith Erskine

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Aliasing - Sony EX1?
on Apr 15, 2009 at 11:55:28 pm

Larger image than a postage stamp please- so we can help you.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Keith Erskine
on Apr 16, 2009 at 6:32:37 am

Attached is a better quality still from the clip(s) that have the effect described in my original posting. Some clips are showing it, others not.

Specifically, it is the 'crosshatching' effect on the lady's fringe that I am referring to.

Keith.

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Apr 16, 2009 at 3:22:42 am

I have Vegas 8 (and an EX3) ... be sure to set BEST on preview window when taking stills (and ALSO BEST quality when final rendering to DVD)... and your project properties according to your shoot (if 1080p you'll need 1920 x 1080 progressive, 25fps, etc.)..... I've obtained amazing stills from Vegas 8 timeline with the proper settings...

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 16, 2009 at 4:09:14 pm

Yeah that looks like a proxy resolution preview out of your editor. Really doubt the camera original looks like that.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Keith Erskine
on May 14, 2009 at 11:06:51 am

This issue is still happening, despite my making every possible setting to manual. It is quite obvious on clip replay on the camera itself. It doesn't suddenly appear after clips have been converted.

Maybe it is as simple an issue as the camera having a fault?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]