FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hoodman enters the EX adaptor fray

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Seeman
Hoodman enters the EX adaptor fray
on Apr 9, 2009 at 2:23:54 pm

Hoodman enters the EX adaptor fray.
I've heard Hoodman (makers of those nifty camera LCD hoods amongst other things) apparently will be coming out with their own SDHC adaptor for the EX series which will work their own SDHC cards.

It won't be up on their site for a week or I understand.
The bits I know so far.
Adaptor will be $49
16GB Class 6 SDHC card $149 (EXPENSIVE!)
claimed to overcrank 720p24/48 (not quite the full range which would be 720p24/60).

Return to posts index

dano motley
Re: Hoodman enters the EX adaptor fray
on Apr 9, 2009 at 2:55:43 pm

It seems that MxM has made them the exclusive dealer for MxM adapter cards in the USA

DAno

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 9, 2009 at 3:31:55 pm

[dano motley] "It seems that MxM has made them the exclusive dealer for MxM adapter cards in the USA "

I've seen no such claim nor does Hoodman sell MxM on their site. The information I have shows Hoodman's own branding on the card.

If you're making a personal speculation you should say that. My information included what appears to be visual proof of Hoodman's own brand.

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 9, 2009 at 8:40:06 pm

no its not a personal speculation....look in the middle of the page by the very large hoodman icon...

http://mxmexpress.com/

Thanks,

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 9, 2009 at 9:27:53 pm

Thanks for that.

Link verifies MxM's statement.

But if you go to Hoodman site (linked to at MxM) there's no mention of it at all, oddly.
Based on the info I saw maybe Hoodman is rebranding since the image I saw had Hoodman label and not MxM and the prices was $5 higher (which may well be just a markup anyway).

So maybe Hoodman is buying from MxM and relabeling under their name.

Given that MxR and MxM were once partners and apparently all supplies (at least the adaptors) are coming from the same manufacturer it may all be the same card.

I suspect shipping from Hoodman will be faster given the other two are in Australia.

I guess will know a bit more next week.

The other thing is that Hoodman will apparently have their own SDHC card at a very steep price (16GB $149).

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 10, 2009 at 1:54:53 pm

Further research and apparently MxM is supplying Hoodman with the adaptors and Hoodman then uses their own label.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]