FORUMS: list search recent posts

Naming Clips in Sony SxS card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Pontoni
Naming Clips in Sony SxS card
on Apr 9, 2009 at 3:56:06 am

Hi!
I'm hoping anyone can assist me with this issue.
I have a MacBook Pro and had my 8GB SxS card inside it to go through all the clips inside the card.
Without knowing it would give me this headache, I started naming the clips directly in the SxS card - example: from 044_0219_01 to Close Up Face Take 1 - so that it would be easier for me to understand which one is which once I imported them to FCP.

The problem now is that, using the XDCam Transfer, I can only see the clips that were NOT named, all the other clips that I named in SxS don't show in the XDCam Transfer.
I know they are still in the card, because I can use VLC to play them back, but for some bizarre reason the XDCam Transfer software does not recognize them at all and doesn't show them in the transfer window.

How should I proceed? What seems to be the problem here?

Thank you!
Pedro

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Naming Clips in Sony SxS card
on Apr 9, 2009 at 1:25:23 pm

So you went into the BPAV folder and renamed some clip right?

This BPAV folder is like a video tape and should never be entered and or altered. You can change the clip names when you export the clip from XD Cam Transfer that re-wraps the clip as a QUICKTIME so you can edit on your Mac.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Pedro Pontoni
on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:35:14 pm

Michael!
Thank you for the prompt feedback.
It was only after naming the clips that I realized I shouldn't have done this. So, after long and deep research on the web I've come to the realization that I would need a newer version of XDCam Transfer. I upgraded it to the 2.9 one and now all my clips are being recognized when I open my SxS card with XDCam Transer software. I already imported all of them to FCP and hope that I never name the clips again before actually transfer them to FCP.

thank you once again for the help.

Pedro

Return to posts index

Sverker Hahn
on Apr 14, 2009 at 7:47:13 am

You really should use ClipBrowser to move you clips to the computer.

Then change clip names an set their status in the CB.

After that, use XDCam Transfer Tool to import.

Sverker Hahn, Stockholm

Slower is better!

Sony EX1
Final Cut Studio 2
iMac Intel
MacBook Pro 15"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]