FORUMS: list search recent posts

MxR and Scandisk 32 problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dano motley
MxR and Scandisk 32 problem
on Apr 6, 2009 at 9:33:26 pm

Finally was able to get some sandisk 32 gig (class 4) cards to use in my MxR card adapters. I can not get the cards to format.

Is there any trick to formatting them? Any help plenty appreciated...

Dano

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: MxR and Scandisk 32 problem
on Apr 6, 2009 at 9:44:46 pm

If you are using an early EX1 you will need a firmware update. If you have the newer firmware then try the other slot as some of my SDHC Transcend cards needed a second attempt.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 6, 2009 at 9:55:12 pm

sorry about that. i should have stated which camera. i have an ex3. my software version is V1.02_0078. I have purchased it in janary of this year.

Dano

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 6, 2009 at 10:13:08 pm

I know Craig Seeman uses the SanDisk 32 gig cards, and I believe his are labelled class 2.
There has been talk of counterfeit SDHC cards for sale out there, hopefully you purchased from a place you can return them.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 6, 2009 at 10:21:22 pm

i thought/hope they are the real thing. i purchased them from buy.com

is it the class 4 vs class 2?

dan

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 6, 2009 at 10:48:29 pm

I think the firmware limits the through put on the EX camera so that class 2 cards are all that is needed.
Craig may have some other ideas to help you and I'm sure he will when he can.

I know you can't pull out the card while the red record light is still on, that will destroy the card.

I might try formatting as fat 32 on my computer and or copying a BPAV folder to it then try in the camera.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 12:21:40 am

The Sandisk Ultra 2 32GB show Class 2 on the label even though all marketing material I've seen show Class 4.

They work fine though. I've found you have to try to format them twice to get them to format. Do the format and when it fails, pull the MxR out, put it back in, format again and it'll work.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:23:14 pm

Has anyone asked Sandisk why some otherwise identical cards are labeled Class 2 while others are labeled Class4?

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:27:16 pm

yes. more info i received from the sandisk tech this morning stated.... "the class 4 are a bit faster than the class 2 but it should not make a diffence for our purposes".

i personally have purchased class 4 cards. when i took them from the cardboard package they had a printed image of the card with a class 2 on it.

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:37:17 pm

[dano motley] "i personally have purchased class 4 cards. when i took them from the cardboard package they had a printed image of the card with a class 2 on it. "

In my case all the marketing material said 4 but the card had class 2 on it.
It may be they were rated on small file transfers or random transfers.
For EX it's large file so the rating may be irrelevant.

I'm using Class 2 with no problem. I've done 4 hour contiguous records crossing two 32GB cards without issue.

Return to posts index

bruno perosa
on Apr 7, 2009 at 12:33:30 am

I'm buying from the distributor (South Europe) so I know are original, I first tried 8 & 16 Express3 and the first card in the EX3 had to be formatted twice, today I formatted 1x16 + 1x32, no problems. All with the E-films adaptors

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 12:39:21 am

the 32 looks exactly like the packaging of the 16. the packaging says class 2. the actual card says class 4. i am on an e-mail help link with the owner of MxM. as i type he is trying to get to the bottom of this.

amazing customer service...i will report back. thanks

dano

Return to posts index

dano motley
Re: MxR and Scandisk 32 BIG problem
on Apr 7, 2009 at 1:22:09 am

as it looks now after running several tests from the MxM company...

the sandisks ultra II 32 gig DO NOT have a write speed near 15 mbs (as advertised). they (class 4's) write as 11.08, not fast enough to be used in the ex3...unfortunatly.

the same tests on the sandisk 16 gb class 4 revealed a write speed of 15.02 mbs.

the headache continues...

Dano

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:00:15 am

My Sandisk 16 gb cards actually are labeled Class 2. It looks as though the company recently downgraded the rating of their Ultra II cards, perhaps for marketing purposes.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Bad experience with the SanDdisk cards
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:33:07 am

Just back from a two weeks trip.
Two of my SanDisk 16GB Ultra II Class 4 died and are full of material that are impossible to shoot again.
One of the cards have been working well for one week, the other died the first day I've used it.
They just don't show up in the Mac, and in the camera they tell me they need to be restored, but no way to restore it.
I will try to recover the media with a PC, but from now on I will think twice before to use other than the SONY cards.
I bought the crds through Amazon so they shouldn't be fake (?).
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

(and here some clips for the friends: http://www.vimeo.com/2694745 )

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Bad experience with the SanDdisk cards
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:41:05 am

but no way to restore it.
What do you mean Rafael ? YOU CAN'T EXECUTE THE RESTORE?

I hope you can get your footage.

Michael

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 7, 2009 at 10:09:50 am

[Michael Palmer] "What do you mean Rafael ? YOU CAN'T EXECUTE THE RESTORE? "
Hi Michael,
Yeap. In camera one of the cards say "Media needs to be restored' but don't offer the option to restore.
The other it shows the "Restore media now?", but when I check "yes' I get "restore media fails".
I don't think is any fake media issue. I think more about a problem when spanning clips in two cards.
Normally I change the slot manually before the card get full. This time, with both cards, my assistant was using the camera and he was not aware of this.
I've got a USB flash reader, tomorrow I will look for a PC to see if i'm lucky. i'll let you know
Cheers,
rafael

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 11:11:29 am

Have you tried pulling the cards out and putting them back in the camera?
Have you tried using the Update command on them (exists in EX3 but new to EX1 with version 1.11)?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 7, 2009 at 2:08:56 pm

Could it be your assistant pulled the card before the recording had finished? Craig and I found that some cards actually need about 10 seconds after the start / stop record button was pressed to finish the recording to the card. When I first got my MxR adapters I made this mistake not realizing that the red light was still on when I pulled a test card, it destroyed the data and that portion of memory on that card.
The camera has a buffer and each of these SDHC cards react differently so you must make sure the green slot light is on before removing the MxR.

I found that some of brands needed 10 seconds to finish recording and the name brands only needed about 4-7 seconds to finish recording.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:39:03 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Rafael, especially since I also bought my cards from Amazon (Blu Proton). Which Amazon vendor did you purchase yours from? Were they bulk-packaged or individually packaged?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 5:00:01 am

[Rafael Amador] "I bought the crds through Amazon so they shouldn't be fake (?). "

Buying on Amazon is not always the same as buying FROM Amazon. Many Amazon pages link to dealers. Almost Ebayish.

I wouldn't buy cards on Amazon. I buy from local dealers I know. If I were to buy online it would be from dealers with hundreds or thousands of good reviews on PriceGrabber for example.

Like this

or this

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:23:14 am

Your math is WAY OFF.
Don't confuse BYTES with BITS.
8 BITS to 1 BYTE

XDCAM is 35mega BITS which is a little over 4 mega BYTES
Sandsik Ultra 2 can hit about 65mega BITS a second which is PLENTY FAST enough.

Please understand I have been using them for 3 months without a single bad clip.

The cards say Class 2 on them but those ratings really mean little for many reasons.
TEST and you know.
Many... MOST Class 6 cards aren't fast enough.
I suspect Sandisk (also the maker of SxS cards) is deliberately playing marketing games with their ratings.
I think they made sure their cards work in EX (and JVC HM which also uses EX codec).
They'll make their money NOT from the very few reusable SxS cards but from people buying SDHC cards and saving them like tape (or XDCAM disc).

Return to posts index

dano motley
Re: MxR and Scandisk 32 BIG PROBLEM
on Apr 7, 2009 at 11:59:26 am

I will call sandisk this morning and let you know what I hear in regrad to the cards only being able to write 11 mbs (too slow for the ex3) as opposed to the advertised 15 mbs.

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 12:29:31 pm

They write 9MB a second and read 15MB a second stated on package.

9MB is 72mb a second which is well beyond 35mb a second needed for EX.

My tests showed a write of about 65mb a second though.

We have SCORES of people on this site who talk from EXPERIENCE.

They will likely tell you 9 MEGABYTES which is WELL BEYOND what is needed for EX but if you don't understand the difference between a BIT and a BYTE that won't help you.

Sandisk Ultra 2

Fast read/write speeds of up to 15MB/second
Note: 1 megabyte (MB) = 1 million bytes

XDCAM 35Mbps is 4.3MBs

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 1:30:00 pm

Hi Craig,

I spent several hours with the owner of MxM cards, Marek, yesterday in regard to the sandisk 32 gig class 4 card not working. After many tests he explained that the write speed is way too slow for the ex 3. The result for the write speed is, on average,11.23 for the sandisk 32 gig card. I would post the actually test chart but I can't figure out how to include it in this bbs. If it is possible to do so let me know?

As of now...the scandisk 32 class 4 cards that I have DO NOT work with the Sony EX3.

Dan

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:22:17 pm

OK...just got off the phone with the sandisk people. they claim these cards are in fact the real sandisk cards based on their seriel numbers and packaging info. they say that they're supposed to maintain the read/write speed of 15 mbs, not the low 11.23 mbs reading we received.

they have asked that i return them and test two new ones which will be sent out while i am returning these two cards.

i will let you all know how it went in a few days....

thanks to all concerned,

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:46:29 pm

[dano motley] "they say that they're supposed to maintain the read/write speed of 15 mbs, not the low 11.23 mbs reading we received. "

You're getting bits and bytes mixed up again. 15MBs not mbs.
There's no way those cards only read/write at 15mbs.

Did you look at my screenshot?
XDCAM is 35mbps which is 4.3MBs

If you can't write the correct symbols that write out the words.
megabits or megabytes. They are NOT the same.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 7, 2009 at 3:51:15 pm

Craig,
Its been said that some people even honk before driving into a tree.

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 5:47:09 pm

craig here are the results from the tests on the sandisk 32 g class 4 cards...

program used: crystal disk mark 2.2

seq 20.11 11.23
512k 19.78 1.971
4k 4.058 0.020

read [MB/s] write [MB/s]

again this test was done with the manufacturer of the MxM card, Marek. if you have any other type of test i can do i would be glad to try it.

in the end of it all, as of now, my sandisk 32 class 4 cards do not work with the sony ex3.

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 6:12:55 pm

I've used Crystal Disk Mark as well.

XDCAM only needs 4.3MB/s so 11MB/s is a HUGE amount of headroom.
That's certainly NOT slow at all. It's plenty fast.

In real world test (in camera) I'm actually getting about 8MB/s which is still plenty fast. There's a bottleneck in Sony's USB implementation but it's still close to double the speed needed.

Those speeds tests you post show the card is just fine for EX1/EX3 use.
Again I'm using the card and have been for more than 3 months now.

For those wondering what the program is
http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Windows Only. New version is 2.2. It'll speed test cards, hard disks, etc.. It uses various tests for smaller and larger files and does both sequential and random tests. Reminder that the cards won't come close to their max speed because of the Sony bottleneck. Note that this is apparently not the case with the JVC HM EX cameras.

Another link with 2.2.0e version
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdiskmark.html

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 6:26:05 pm

Craig,

Would it have anything to do with my cards being a class 4? Also, are you using the 32 card in an ex3?

The sandisk 16g class 4 cards work perfect in the ex3.

If you are using the ex 3 could you let me know what is your firmware version?

Thank again,

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 7, 2009 at 6:54:30 pm

[dano motley] "Would it have anything to do with my cards being a class 4?"

My cards are labeled Class 2 so if anything mine would be slower than Class 4 and they still work flawlessly.

I'm using EX1 with firmware 1.11.
All EX3 released firmware (1.02 and up I believe) is compatible with SDHC.

The data rate is tied to the codec. Cards only need 35mbps (4.3MBs) sustained (obviously some headroom needed) to work. Bottleneck (Sony's implementation) should only impact ability to overcrank.

I tested with Crystal Disk Mark and then testing the card by setting camera to 720p24 and overcranked. It sustained until I hit 720p24/45. 720p24/44 worked find for a prolonged record and never threw a media error.

24 goes in to (gozinta) 44 about 1.83 times.
That's 1.83 faster than 35mbps so that worked out to just over 64mbps which is just over 8MBs

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:00:51 pm

Just got off the line with sony. They seem quite aware that people are using the MxR and MxM type adapters. They claim that the ex3 right out of the box with the old version 1.01 software should be able to handle the 32 g cards.

sony firmware updates are as follows:

the 1.03 software upgrade fixed a problem with the infared on the wireless remote.

the 1.04 software upgrade is a fix for a flicker reducer problem.

they have no clue why the 32 g cards should not work in the ex3.....

the story continues...

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:27:59 am

After the failed attempt to format, pull the MxR (or MxM) and put it back in and try to format it again.
It always takes two attempts to format the 32GB card for me.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:44:21 am

I thought I said something like thing in my first post, HONK HONK, however Craig your post has much better instructions. Maybe this is all it takes to get his cards formatted. Maybe just maybe he will listen and try it.

MP

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 8, 2009 at 2:12:36 pm

Mike Palmer,

The "honk honk" post I at first ignored. I figured just about every bbs on the internet has a guy that likes to come off as sardonic and demean others to make himself feel more important.

I have followed, and appreciateed, Craig's advise. The cards (sandisk 32 class4) simply do not work in the sony ex3. I have two ex3's that produced the same results.

If you have these cards and the ex3, I would love to hear about your sucess. If not, please let others help me with this problem without the rude comments. I though creativecow.com was a much more helpful communtiy than "your" making it feel.

Thanks to all,

Dano

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: MxR and Scandisk 32 won't format
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:02:13 pm

Dano,
Your issue here is you can't format these 32 gig cards.
You started out listening and responding to some of the advice posted here, but you never said if you made a second attempt to format or any other tips given here. Then it seems you figure out that there are classification numbers that determine read/write speeds and in 4 of your posts you conclude that these cards are not fast enough to be used in your EX3 when in fact Craig Seeman (fellow leader here) has been using these same cards for some time now. It seems you have been ignoring his posts and have given up on the real issue of FORMATTING THE CARDS. Until you respond to the advice to help your issue it doesn't help stirring up the boards here with miss information.

I gave you my first hand experience and said I needed to actually try a second attempt to format for many of my 16 gig Transcend cards and Craig had to do the same for his 32gig Scandisk cards.

Now that I know I have your ear, report back and try all of the things you have been asked to try and see if any of it helps. I'd also try formatting them on your computer and see if they work at all there. As I said I even destroyed one of my first cards by pulling it out before the recording to the card had finished.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:07:07 pm

Mike,

I have tried reformating the cards several times, as per Mike, and have no luck. They do format on a computer (fat32).

I have just returned from a friends studio. We tried the sandisk 32 class 4 cards on an ex1...no good.

I wonder if the difference of the class 2 (mike) vs. class 4 have any difference?

Thanks,

Dano

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:19:11 pm

How many MxR adapters do you have?
Did you try all MxR adapters you have when formatting?
Have you ever tried any other SDHC cards with these MxR adapters?
Did you try both A & B camera slots when formating?
Did you try formatting on both a PC and a Mac?

If you can't us these cards with a computer they are bad and you should return them.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:24:02 pm

Mike,

How many MxR adapters do you have?
Four

Did you try all MxR adapters you have when formatting?
Yes. I switched every possible combination..between the cards, mxr adapters and two ex3's and 1 ex1.

Have you ever tried any other SDHC cards with these MxR adapters?
Yes. I have four sandisk 16g class4 cards that format and work perfectly.

Did you try both A & B camera slots when formating?
Yes.

Did you try formatting on both a PC and a Mac?
PC

If you can't us these cards with a computer they are bad and you should return them.
They do format to FAT file on a computer b ut the sandisk 32g class 4 cards do not seem to be recognized by the ex3...and recently the ex1.

Thanks,

Dano

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:29:43 pm

When you format them on a PC how much storage is recognized?

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:45:23 pm

Mike,

The card comes up as 29.7 gig free and 16.0 kb used.

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:36:33 pm

But you haven't actually explained what you did in your attempt to format.
"no good" is not descriptive.
There's a specific procedure to follow.
I have two Sandisk 32GB cards and the procedure works for both.
I know others who have the Sandisk 32GB cards and they've had the exact same results.
Since you tend not to respond with details there is skepticism that you are really following the replies.
When you respond you've confused facts about speed tests and the rated results so one may well believe that you aren't reading the results. You continually bring up speed tests and apparently misunderstand the results which leads to further skepticism.

The Sandisk class rating probably is not a manufacturing change but a reclassification as a result of either tests or marketing. Through scores of tests on scores of cards from scores of manufacturers one can say class rating is not a useful indicator at all for EX compatibility.

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:49:32 pm

Craig,

< "no good" is not descriptive.
There's a specific procedure to follow.
I have two Sandisk 32GB cards and the procedure works for both. >>

I followed your previous directions and they are not recongized in the cameras and do not format.

< Since you tend not to respond with details there is skepticism that you are really following the replies.
When you respond you've confused facts about speed tests and the rated results so one may well believe that you aren't reading the results. You continually bring up speed tests and apparently misunderstand the results which leads to further skepticism. >>

I will be the first to say I am no way a tecnician with this stuff. I am only reporting back the tests that the owner of MxM cards had me do in regard to speed read/write.

<>

I agree. The sandisk techician stated that they were a bit faster.

Thanks,

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:06:31 pm

I have two 32GB cards and two MxR adaptors.
I put a 32GB card in the adaptor and put it in the camera.
I go to menu and format.
It will fail
I remove the adaptor.
I place the adaptor back in the camera in the same slot it came out of.
I use the format menu again.
It completes.

This procedure works with both cards. I have done this many times. Others have used this procedure on Sandisk 32GB Ultra 2 cards and it works for them as it does for me.
Maybe you have bad 32GB cards. Maybe they had a bad run which is why there's been no obvious resupply to retailers.

This is where I bought my cards
http://www.jr.com/sandisk/pe/SAD_SDSDRH032GA/
It seems they're getting them back in stock. Their marketing shows class 4 and has since they started selling them. The actual cards say class 2 though. Many people have reported that. I think they're just using old marketing graphics.

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:12:40 pm

Craig,

Just for the hell of it...i just tried you "exact way" to format them. The camera did not format the cards. I am going to return them to buy.com and i will try jr music for two new ones.

i will report back when i receive the two new cards, hopefuly in a few days.

thanks to all who helped,

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:44:23 pm

Note if you look at PriceGraber's retail rating when searching for Sandisk 32GB Ultra II

Price Grabber ratings

Buy.com is only 2 1/2 stars and that's with over 11,000 reviews. I would certainly rank that as a suspect retailer.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:49:14 pm

Hi Dano,
If you are unable to format the cards on camera, try to do it first with your lap top.
BTW, I've been able to recover the files from one of the SanDisk that fails last week.
I've been able to make the card show up in the finder (with the Disk utillity) and them copy the .mp4 to the HD.
The other one ask me to be formated when i plug it withe an USB key.
I will try an application of SanDisk for data recovering.
looking for a PC because the application, of course, only works in window.
rafael

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 8, 2009 at 5:57:41 pm

Raphael,

Check out this company: http://www.subrosasoft.com
I've used one of their products to recover audio & JPEG files. I believe they make something for recovering video as well. It works on the Mac.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 8, 2009 at 6:53:26 pm

Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot for the link.
I'll have a look and let you know.
Cheers,
rafael

Return to posts index

Tim de la Torre
on Apr 21, 2009 at 2:57:08 pm

Just for the record, I have an EX1 with the latest firmware and I just purchased a Sandisk Ultra II 32gb class 4 memory card from newegg.com and I tried everything everyone recommended on this forum and I CANNOT get it to format.

I tried multiple reformats in the camera in each slot, I tried doing it on the mac as an MSDOS FAT and copying over a good BPAV folder... still nothing.

I guess I could try doing it in Windows, but it doesn't sound like that's helped anybody either. I doubt it's the MxR because I have a 16gb transcend card that works just fine in it.

Not sure what to do...

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 21, 2009 at 3:21:46 pm

did'nt you read the other below posts...sony and sandisk goverened the card not to work on the ex1 or ex3. we summize for the purpose of protecting their investment in the SxS cards.

return them and buy a transcend 32 g class 6 ...they work...sandisk (or scamdisk) dont in the 32 g range.

Dano

Return to posts index

Tim de la Torre
on Apr 21, 2009 at 3:23:50 pm

sorry I was viewing the entire thread and didn't realize that was more.... they obviously do work for some people, so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 21, 2009 at 3:40:42 pm

The older Sandisk 32GB Ultra II Class 2 work
but the newer Sandisk 32GB Ultra II Class 4 do not work

I've heard of one person who got the Class 4 from Adorama in NYC and claim they do work but that seems to be the lone exception.

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Apr 21, 2009 at 7:24:08 pm

who has a sandisk 32 g class 4 that works?

Dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 21, 2009 at 7:30:50 pm

[dano motley] "who has a sandisk 32 g class 4 that works? "

I'd prefer not to say who since the person isn't on this forum.
I can say that they bought it a Adorama in NYC within the last few weeks and said it formated immediately in the camera.I can't speak to the veracity but the person was quite clear in their declaration as this very subject was being discussed.

For all we know it could have been very old stock (the card had gone from class 4 to class 2 and back to 4 apparently) but I believe he said it was new packaging.

http://www.adorama.com/IDSU15SD32G.html?searchinfo=sandisk+32GB

Return to posts index

Tim de la Torre
on Apr 21, 2009 at 3:19:04 pm

Just for the record, I have an EX1 with the latest firmware and I just purchased a Sandisk Ultra II 32gb class 4 memory card from newegg.com and I tried everything everyone recommended on this forum and I CANNOT get it to format.

I tried multiple reformats in the camera in each slot, I tried doing it on the mac as an MSDOS FAT and copying over a good BPAV folder... still nothing.

I guess I could try doing it in Windows, but it doesn't sound like that's helped anybody either. I doubt it's the MxR because I have a 16gb transcend card that works just fine in it.

Not sure what to do... what kinds of cards is everyone using? What cards are people having success with?

Return to posts index

Leon Khasminsky
on May 5, 2009 at 11:05:28 pm

Tim
I have got exactly the same problem, just recived a class 4 sundisk ultra II 32gb for my EX-3, firmware v1.02_0078
tried a few times, could not get to format it.
Did you get a help, can you share?
thanks
leon

Return to posts index

Tim de la Torre
on May 6, 2009 at 12:09:55 am

Yes, I purchased the 32gig Transcend SDHC card and it works fine... I returned the Sandisk one for a refund.

Return to posts index

Leon Khasminsky
on May 6, 2009 at 5:45:13 pm

Could you please tell me, where did you purchased it from, also would it work with Kensington adapter?
thanks in advance
Leon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]