FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trang Nguyen
XDCam FCP
on Apr 6, 2009 at 7:54:15 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know a decent workflow for XDCam in FCP with Audio Timcode (TC track on audio track 1). I have a Dok project shot in Africa with XDCam EX1 and the audio is available from the camera (mono track because one track is for TC) and separately from a 744T with Clockit method. Of course there's no slate and FC doesnt read the audio TC. Has anyone tested the TimeTools with Sony materials? My audio from 744T are wav files and as I understand wav dont have burnt in TC either. My sound recordist assured that the audio is bwf format. either way, i cant sync them easily. The avid has the function to read audio TC but it needs clip browser to read XD video. FC reads XD through XDCam Transfer but either need TimeTools and BWF2XML. They both cost a lot and I dont even know if they work.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCam FCP
on Apr 7, 2009 at 12:17:24 am

Hmm. I'm wondering if it would have been more cost effective to have used and EX3 and locked the two as the EX3 has timecode in on BNC. Unfortunately that's 20/20 hindsight.

This implies that FCP can read Broadcast Wave time code.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24456
also see this
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/BWF2XML/BWF512.html

If you can find a constant offset between the EX and BWF file then you could use create an Aux Time code track in FCP.

Return to posts index

Trang Nguyen
Re: XDCam FCP
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:59:51 pm

thanx a heap for the info and links. I'm in Germany, PAL region. I'll try it tmr with creatin the AUX TC. My waves are mono files which are tedious to import and to pair them. The bwf files are delivered as wav. which probably doesnt need bwf2xml.

I wonder if the Aux TC created by FCP actually could be accurate to the Clockit TC on the audio track 1 which FC cant read directly. Any idea?

Trang

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]