FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I download my footage from the s x s card to mbp?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lalit Jobanputra
How do I download my footage from the s x s card to mbp?
on Apr 3, 2009 at 11:47:57 pm

How do I download my footage from the s x s card onto my mac book pro. When I insert the card in the expresscard reader a symbol appears on the upper tool bar but nothing happens. How do I open that folder? And view my clips and save them? Do I need to download another software? Do I need the clip browser? Where do I get this clip browser?

Return to posts index

Mitch Lewis
Re: How do I download my footage from the s x s card to mbp?
on Apr 4, 2009 at 1:57:48 pm

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads

Did you get the camera used? It should have came with discs and instructions on how to do this. That's how I learned how to do it.

You use Clip Browser to transfer the files to your hard drive. Then you use XDCAM Transfer to view each clip, name the clips and then unwrap them (Import button) as MOV files for use in any of the Apple editing applications.

---------------------------
Sony EX3, Letus Ultimate, Nikon lenses, Sachtler tripod
20 years as a videographer/editor - HD and 35mm adaptor newbie
Experienced with Apple products, Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MOTU Digital Performer, Flip4Mac, etc...

Return to posts index

Mitch Lewis
on Apr 4, 2009 at 2:00:41 pm

I would recommend downloading the appropriate editing guide for your application and reading that. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-a...

---------------------------
Sony EX3, Letus Ultimate, Nikon lenses, Sachtler tripod
20 years as a videographer/editor - HD and 35mm adaptor newbie
Experienced with Apple products, Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MOTU Digital Performer, Flip4Mac, etc...

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 4, 2009 at 4:08:58 pm

You need the SxS Device Driver Software located on the CD that came with the camera. Page 111 of the owners manual.

Return to posts index

Ed Kukla
on Apr 5, 2009 at 11:27:32 pm

Or better yet, go to the sony XDCAM EX site and download the very latest version. My disc was an older version, the website has the latest.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 6, 2009 at 3:46:56 am

Yes, very true. In fact, I believe you need this newest version in order to be able to use the new Macbook Pro.

Return to posts index

Lalit Jobanputra
on Apr 6, 2009 at 3:51:10 am

Thank you all. I just got very impatient I guess and did not realize that I did have the included software with me and had not downloaded it.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Pedro Pontoni
SxS Device Reader Software problems
on Apr 17, 2009 at 5:53:42 am

Hi!
I'm in panic right now.
I've installed the SxS Device Reader Software for macs in my new macbook Pro with the cd that came with my PMW EX1 Camera.
Both camera and computer are brand new.

The first time I did it, after following the instructions and restarting the computer, it came on and took a very long time to get to me my desktop. I thought it would be a one time situation, but it keeps taking me about 2 to 3 minutes for my computer to fully turn on and show me my desktop.
I've already contacted Sony here in Brazil and was told they never got any complaints about this matter.
This is extremely odd and now Im just wondering where in the world should I get advice on that!
I'm afraid deleting the software will unable me to use my SxS in my computer.

Please, I need urgent help!

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: SxS Device Reader Software problems
on Apr 17, 2009 at 5:58:26 am

Take a deep breath, You most likely have a new Mac that needs a new driver for the new PCI Express slot Mac changed on there newer units.
Try downloading the latest drivers and software.
http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowContent.action?logicalname=ssw-bc-xdcame...

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 17, 2009 at 5:58:59 am

Do you have a late 2008 or newer MacBookPro?
There was a compatibility issue with the SxS card reader driver which had an issue which sounds like you have. Mac sure you use Software Update and it should lead to the relevant Apple Software updates.

I'm not sure what the versions of software that came with the camera on CD but you should go to Sony's site and download ClipBrowser 2.5 and XDCAM Transfer tool 2.9.0

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/

Return to posts index

Ed Kukla
on Apr 17, 2009 at 10:51:46 am

WHAT?????? A Problem with a Mac???

Sorry, had to do it!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 17, 2009 at 3:45:19 pm

Problem is not keeping a Mac up to date with firmware.

I work with both Windows and Mac, was a video engineer at facilities that used both. Macs always won because they resulted in less downtime. You can always argue hardware (PC can really be suped up) and software (some apps are PC only and some are Mac only) but downtime is the biggest money loser for any facility or production. Both have their issues but I've always found Mac issues can be rooted out and fixed much more quickly. Since the Mac is really a Unix computer with a nice GUI that may be part of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]