FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to access one clip

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Schneider
Unable to access one clip
on Apr 3, 2009 at 4:02:28 pm

Hello. I'm working on my first project with footage from an EX1. I did not do the ingesting myself; I was given a drive with all the material already ingested for a FCP project. After going through all the material with the director, we realized there was one shot missing.

Going back to the original BPAV folders (as I said, this is my first experience working with EX1 footage, so excuse me if I get some of the terminology wrong), and found the folder with the missing clip.

I installed the Sony Clip Browser on my computer, and attempted to ingest the missing clip, but it doesn't show up in the clip browser; obviously why it didn't get ingested originally.

I'd assume it was just a corrupted clip and call it a loss, but here's the thing: I can open up and view the MP4 file using VLC Player, so I know there's material there. With that in mind, is there anyway to make this clip usable in FCP if the clip browser can't see it?

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Unable to access one clip
on Apr 3, 2009 at 4:46:27 pm

It could be the metadata to the clip is corrupted.

ClipBrowser has the ability to import an orphaned MP4 and create a BPAV folder with metadata.
Just use File/Import and point it to the clip (the actual MP4 file). Make sure you're up to date using ClipBrowser 2.5

I also hear XDCAM Transfer can do this too now (import and rewrap orphaned MP4) but I haven't tried it myself. Make sure you're using XDCAM Transfer 2.9

Return to posts index

David Schneider
on Apr 3, 2009 at 5:03:03 pm

That did it! I didn't realize you could import the MP4 directly. Thanks so much for your help!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 3, 2009 at 5:14:20 pm

[David Schneider] "That did it! I didn't realize you could import the MP4 directly."
Sony's documentation doesn't make it very clear unfortunately.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]