FORUMS: list search recent posts

MxR Cards and EX3 Question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Phillips
MxR Cards and EX3 Question
on Apr 1, 2009 at 11:34:36 am

Hi there - have just got my new EX3. Am about to go for 6 of the MxR cards along with 6 Sandisk Ultra 16Gb Class 4. Just wanted to double check that they are fine for 1080/50i filming? Also, not sure how to enter the service menu to check the firmware. Have tried menu+select+cancel but can't seem to access it. Any ideas?

Also (finally!) has anyone tried the EX3 with a Canon J11? I love the pictures this gives on the larger cameras, so am itching to give this a test.

Thanks - Martin.

Return to posts index

Nick Lammers
Re: MxR Cards and EX3 Question
on Apr 1, 2009 at 3:33:59 pm

I've used the MxR cards in the E3 shooting 1080 60i and they work as advertised.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Return to posts index

Brian Barkley
on Apr 1, 2009 at 9:31:34 pm

I think you are wise (and safe) by going with the Sony cards. They can handle anything the EX3 shoots in. The cheaper, generic cards, are a risk that I personally am not willing to take. I can wrap up a lot of money in a typical shoot, sometimes traveling across the country, staying in hotels, meals, car rental, etc. I just cannot afford to take any risk with these cheap cards that are coming out.

I have 6-16GB, and 1-32GB cards. I have needed them all on more than one occasion.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Apr 3, 2009 at 2:29:28 pm

[Brian Barkley] "I just cannot afford to take any risk with these cheap cards that are coming out. "

Brian, You're taking a risk getting on an airplane, eating bad food, traveling in a car. Life is a risk.

These cards are no greater risk than anything else. I think you can't quite wrap your head around the notion that such a cheap card could actually work. They do! (With the awareness that "overcranking" is not possible).

A proper production workflow would have you checking and copying the cards on set or that night. So
once you've confirmed and captured/copied the media, where's the risk?

Mark

Return to posts index

David Curle
on Apr 26, 2009 at 10:33:01 pm

I have Both SS and 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards and a Sony Hard drive for my three EX3s.
At a 10:1 price difference, the SDHC cards are a no brainer.

Return to posts index

Jacobo Levy Herranz
Re: MxR memory cards for EX3 instead of SxS
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:44:25 pm

This is Jacobo from Dan Video and we are the distributors for e-films in Spain . The truth is that we have tested the MxR cards adapters and we are very pleased with the results..

What is best , for the price of a 16GB SxS you can have 3 cards of 32 gb from e-films!!!
Or buy 2 cards of 32gb MxR instead of 2 x 32gb SxS , with 1200Euros saving !!
This is great saving !!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]