FORUMS: list search recent posts

pmw ex-1 requirements for editing on mac

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Quintano
pmw ex-1 requirements for editing on mac
on Mar 30, 2009 at 3:10:45 pm

Hi all,

Just ordered the sony pmw ex-1. I have a mac pro 1.1 dual core intell xenon 2.66 gh 2 processors 4 cores 8 gb of memory. I was using my sony dsr 11 to output to a monitor via firewire. my question is now that im going to be shooting in full HD what do I need in my mac to be able to output to a preview monitor and what kind of graphics card or capture card do I need? I also will be need. Also In order to supply a client with a full HD product I will obviously need to burn to blu ray. can anyone advise on what I should purchase. Im currently editing with final cut studio 1.

thank you

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: pmw ex-1 requirements for editing on mac
on Mar 30, 2009 at 3:42:23 pm

Matrox MXO will allow you to use a computer LCD or good HDTV as preview since it will allow you to calibrate.

Capture card? EX records to a file. Sony has an SxS Express card to USB reader specific to PCI express format the card uses. You can get MxR adaptor and use Sandisk or Transcend SDHC cards which you can use any SDHC card reader to USB.

Delivery depends on the client's needs. You can deliver any number of ways ranging from encoded file (H.264 for example), Blu-ray is your client has a player. In that case, you'll need Toast 10 with Blu-ray plugin or Encore as part of Adobe CS4.

I've had the camera since Dec 2007 and as of yet haven't been asked for Blu-ray. I deliver MPEG 2 Program streams for broadcast (local cable spots) or digital signage ads, H.264 files for corporate presentation on computer playback, DVD (downscaled) as none of my clients have Blu-ray players.

You MUST upgrade to Final Cut Studio 2. EX codec compatibility REQUIRES FCP 6.0.2 and up (currently 6.0.5).

Return to posts index

Anthony Quintano
Re: pmw ex-1 requirements for editing on mac
on Mar 30, 2009 at 4:18:03 pm

Thank you very much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]