FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Ex-1...DOA

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Nicholson
New Ex-1...DOA
on Mar 22, 2009 at 6:18:58 pm

Well, I just unpacked my new EX-1 and... the viewfinder (EVF) she doesn't work. Went into the LCD/VF menu and set EVF POWER to ON just to make sure it wasn't an LCD panel switching issue. No dice. LCD panel works BTW. Before I launch my rocket attack I thought I'd check with the oracle here to make sure there's nothing untried (other than my 30-yr old rubber hammer).

Ken Nicholson
UpShot Productions

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: New Ex-1...DOA
on Mar 22, 2009 at 7:53:39 pm

From the EX1 Manual:

"With the factory setting, the EVF is turned on when the LCD monitor is in its parked position or is rotated to face the subject. You can change the setting so that the EVF is always on regardless of the status of the LCD monitor, using EVF (page 103) of the LCD/VF SET menu. Change the "POWER" setting from "AUTO" to "ON"."

That's about the only thing that controls the EVF. You could try doing the "Reset All" thing in the EX menu or take the main battery off and then pull the memory battery too, just to see if that will change anything. Otherwise you'd better get out that rubber hammer.

- Don

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: New Ex-1...DOA
on Mar 22, 2009 at 11:32:22 pm

also make sure the "LCD B.LIGHT" switch on the top of the camera is set to 'ON'.

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]