FORUMS: list search recent posts

very slow export to QT from XDCAM EX timeline

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JIm Watt
very slow export to QT from XDCAM EX timeline
on Mar 20, 2009 at 7:26:19 pm

I have a one hour XDCAM EX program that I'm exporting to a self contained QT movie. The dialog box tells me it's going to take 8 hours. In the past this same process normally takes less than an hour. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Timeline is native XDCAM EX, set to pro res render

Dual quad core Mac Pro/10 gigs ram/Video drive is apple raid (is a little full)/ Kona 3 card. FCS-2

Thx for any suggestions...jw

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: very slow export to QT from XDCAM EX timeline
on Mar 20, 2009 at 9:44:15 pm

Very often the first time that is indicated is way longer than the job will actually take and then it sees sense and adjusts. Have you waited long enough for this to happen, it generally takes a few minutes. As you will know a Self Contained export takes far longer than a By Reference anyway.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

JIm Watt
on Mar 20, 2009 at 10:49:33 pm

It started at 8 hours and actually took 2 and a half. I think maybe the reason it took so long is in this particular show I had a couple dozen mattes & masks, which I normally haven't had in the past.

thx...jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina"

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 20, 2009 at 10:57:33 pm

I don't doubt if you had a complex show open, it saw that first and based the estimate on that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]