FORUMS: list search recent posts

MxR vs. ?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Nicholson
MxR vs. ?
on Mar 19, 2009 at 2:59:08 pm

Still getting up to speed on this subject. My reading of posts here leads me to lean toward the MxM SDHC adapter as regards its improved form factor. They are a very new company though, having just calved off of e-films. Has anybody been able to do side by side comparisons of the MxM vs. the MxR, or for that matter the Kensington?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MxR vs. ?
on Mar 19, 2009 at 3:31:39 pm

I believe MxR and MxM are using the same manufacturer so there shouldn't be any difference at all. It's a business split but they're using the same supplier.

Why even consider KxR which is a dead and makeshift option. Kennsington doesn't make the card anymore and you couldn't close the door with the EX1.

Return to posts index

Andre Schoene
on Mar 19, 2009 at 4:30:50 pm

The MxR works perfect in EX1. Specially the put in/out mechanic from the SDHC cards are perfect.

with best regards Andre

Return to posts index

Nick Lammers
on Mar 20, 2009 at 6:38:20 pm

Just used a few MxR cards in the EX3 and EX30 deck - everything worked great. I'm not familiar with the "split" and the other card. Also, Ross at e-films is very helpful.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Mar 21, 2009 at 3:29:16 am

[Ken Nicholson] "Has anybody been able to do side by side comparisons of the MxM vs. the MxR, or for that matter the Kensington?"

I have all 3 including both Sandisk and Transcend 16 gig memory modules. Only the Kensington stands out over the others... and I mean that literally! (joke)

But really, they all work just fine and when I need to overcrank I just replace them with the 8 gig Sony supplied units no sweat! Gone are the days of having to do dump offs in the lunch break. In fact, gone are the days of having to take the lappy out on location!

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]