FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam EX-1 White balance

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vasik Greif
XDCam EX-1 White balance
on Mar 19, 2009 at 10:00:36 am

Hi, I have problems with white balance settings on my XDCam EX-1. My basic question is: do I have to reset white balance everytime I change ND filter? When I change filter, it dramatically changes white balance, and I was not used to this with BetaCam... Thanks.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: XDCam EX-1 White balance
on Mar 19, 2009 at 12:08:11 pm

I have an EX3, and I have or owned or used more than a dozen other vid cams, and I have never seen a white balance shift with ND filters. Even the screw in or 4x4 (/6) type.

Is this a brand new camera.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Mar 19, 2009 at 12:13:00 pm

I believe this is an issue that was fixed with the 1.11 firmware update.

Bob

Return to posts index

JIm Watt
on Mar 19, 2009 at 6:44:47 pm

I think that's the case. Ever since we got that firmware upgrade we haven't run into the white balance issue between ND filters.
jw

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina"

Return to posts index

Stephen Schott
on Mar 20, 2009 at 8:04:55 pm

So how do we find out if we have that firmware update? Is there something within the menu's that I've missed that tells the user, or is it a "trust" issue as to purchase date?

When you've got family... everything else is extra

Return to posts index

Vasik Greif
on Mar 20, 2009 at 8:20:09 pm

Thanks for replies, I think this really is firmware thing, as I have two cameras and the with new firmware seems to work ok.

How to check firmware: Press and hold the "CANCEL" "SEL/SET" and "MENU" buttons simultaneously.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]