FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDHC camera playback

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Nicholson
SDHC camera playback
on Mar 19, 2009 at 1:54:26 am

Hello all from a newbie to this forum. I'm a producer/director/editor in Sacramento, CA, and have decided after years on the fence to buy a camera (my last was a Sony DXC-637 Betacam SP camcorder back in 1996!, been renting for the last 7 years waiting for the format wars to shake out)

I run the video dept. of Tesla Electric Company Recordings, a production company owned by the band Tesla. For the first two videos for the their recent album release, we used on the first the HVX-200 with a RedRocks lens adapter and the second we used the EX-1 with the same rig on the front. (BTW, this second video, "Fallin' Apart" can be viewed on the band's website, http://www.teslatheband.com). Well its time to hop off the fence and the winner is... need I say? EX-1! Picking it up at Snader tomorrow. The ability to use SDHC cards is an unexpected bonus and we plan to take full advantage of its archival potential

So I've been reading every post on this forum over the past week (Whewww!) and one posted by Craig Seeman on January 2 had me wondering what the final disposition was to date. An excerpt:

>Playback in camera - I can not play ANY clips back in camera. 3 >second record review results in error and a black screen. Going >into playback mode on camera and the icons show but any attempt to >playback results in media error and black screen.

Is this issue categorically corrected in all of its manifestations with firmware 1.11? Or are there still limitations imposed by playback settings on the camera?

Ken Nicholson
UpShot Productions

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SDHC camera playback
on Mar 19, 2009 at 5:32:03 am

It was an issue with the firmware upgrade which Sony fixed by doing the firmware upgrade again.

Currently I'm using MxR adaptors with Sandisk Ultra II 32GB cards giving me nearly 4 hours of record time in the camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]