FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6 XDCAM/PRORES mixing

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael O'Reilly
FCP 6 XDCAM/PRORES mixing
on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:21:21 pm

Editing native XDCAM 35VBR in FCP 6. Everything is great with straight cuts.

Outputting graphic moves in AE7 using PRORES codec.

Mixing XDCAM and PRORES on teh same timeline (sequence settings automatically generated from placing XDCAM clip and letting it set itself) placing PRORES clip on V2 as b-roll to cover the XDCAM edit on V1.

I have V2 set to dissolve in and out. I go to render it to see how it works and it tells me it will take an hour or more.

What am I doing wrong with the above scenario ?

(Andy Mees, you seem to know what's what with this - any idea ? BTW I tried to contact you to tell you how appreciative I was of your SD in HD guides but I guess it never got through - you were the only one who understood the nature of the problem)

Thanks

Michael O

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: FCP 6 XDCAM/PRORES mixing
on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:25:50 pm

What's your sequence setting?
You should always set renders to ProRes otherwise it may attempting to create the entire GOP structure.

Return to posts index

Michael O'Reilly
on Mar 18, 2009 at 9:12:45 pm

thanks for such a speedy response - I did not know that the ProRes and XDCAM HD codec were interchangeable like that. I switched it and it rendered in less than a minute. Great !

Thanks a lot.

Michael

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 18, 2009 at 9:25:16 pm

You can see FCP added that feature specifically for HDV and XDCAM EX to avoid the long GOP renders. There's some documentation buried in the behemoth FCP manual updates that mentions it. It might have been with the 6.0.2 update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]