FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM clips from PC not working on Mac

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Maser
XDCAM clips from PC not working on Mac
on Mar 18, 2009 at 7:24:22 pm

So I'm trying to set up my system so that I can use a super small netbook to transfer clips from my EX1 to my Rugged drive, then transfer the clips to my Mac editing system and edit using FCP. I use Transfer to extract the clips without problem, but when I plug the drive into my Mac it doesn't recognize the files.

Any reason why clips extracted using Transfer on a PC wouldn't be readable by Transfer on a Mac?

Andrew

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCAM clips from PC not working on Mac
on Mar 18, 2009 at 7:58:16 pm

If you used ClipBrowser and just transfered then the files are still in their original state.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Transfer" because as far as I know XDCAM Transfer is Mac only so that wouldn't be running on your netbook.

You really need to explain what you're doing step by step. If all you are doing is using ClipBrowser to copy to all the BPAV and allowing it to create a new folder for each, it should just work. If you're doing something else (which may be wrong) it's hard to discern from your post.

Return to posts index

Andrew Maser
on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:36:44 pm

Yep, I need to have my system in front of me so that I can be more specific. I'll post again tomorrow morning.

I have another question for you though. Why would XDCAM Transfer not be able to read a BPAV folder? I have one from a shoot I did a few months ago on my machine, but when I try to Add Source and navigate to the folder it is grayed out. I'm on the same Intel Mac that I used to originally transfer the folder, and I didn't change the name. If I explore the folder in Finder it seems intact.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 18, 2009 at 9:09:16 pm

[Andrew Maser] " have another question for you though. Why would XDCAM Transfer not be able to read a BPAV folder?"

BPAV folder must be inside a parent folder. You'd point to that. ClipBrowser makes a parent folder which is given a series of numbers which is actually the date_time the folder is created.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]