FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS reader SBAC-US10 connected to MacPro problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
filip martin
SxS reader SBAC-US10 connected to MacPro problem
on Mar 5, 2009 at 8:48:32 pm

hi,

I have a Sony SxS reader (SBAC-US10) connected to my Mac Pro (Quad Core Intel Xeon -MacOs X 10.5.6)

but no desktop image appears, though the System Profiler does seem to recognize the device as USB-connected.

The SxS cards seem to be o.k. : they appear immediately on desktop when USB-connected directly via my XDcam EX3, and I can transfer files through XDCAM Transfer.

I tried different USB cable, downloaded and installed driver, but no use.

The SBAC-US10 is brand new, out of the box. My Mac is a smooth working machine that never caused me any trouble. The USB cables work perfectly with any other device,...

Could use some help, people.

filipM

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: SxS reader SBAC-US10 connected to MacPro problem
on Mar 6, 2009 at 2:22:20 pm

You won't see a desktop icon until a card is inserted into the unit...I couldn't tell from your post whether you were doing that or not. Also, don't try the USB port on the keyboard like I did :) That's not a high-speed port. I thought it'd be nice to have the card reader right there but it didn't work as planned.

We have SBAC-US10 devices on our quad-G5 and my Intel Mac 8 core. I don't remember even installing any software to make them work.

Cf

Return to posts index

Filip Martin
Re: SxS reader SBAC-US10 connected to MacPro problem
on Mar 6, 2009 at 2:33:00 pm

hi Clint,

I did indeed insert a card into the unit, and the red light on the unit immediately started flickering (is this right?)

I also thought no driver was necessary,
anyway, I uninstalled it as it didn't seem to change anything.

I used the USB port on front of the Mac Pro, and the one on the back. No good.

I'm totally lost here.

Filip

Filip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]