FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD cards?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dano motley
SD cards?
on Mar 4, 2009 at 5:59:28 pm

i noticed some of the sandisk sd cards have different classes...2...4....6. (located in a circle on the card). Is there any difference when using them with the m x r (m x m) cards?

thanks,

dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SD cards?
on Mar 4, 2009 at 8:04:46 pm

Sandisk Ultra II and Extreme III work. Ultra IIs were listed as class 4 but the 32GB ones show class 2. I'm using two 32 GB Ultra II class 2 cards and they're working just fine.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Mar 4, 2009 at 8:59:33 pm

My new 16-gig Ultra IIs say Class 2. I've seen them pictured both ways.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 4, 2009 at 9:27:19 pm

So I guess all the Ultra IIs are now Class 2. The do work though. There must be some obscure reason why they've renumbered them. I've heard some claim it's just a marketing gimmick to push people to buy the faster cards. Others have said the card may have failed some test that has no impact on the way the EX is using it. Sandisk doesn't seem to be willing to say though.

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Mar 4, 2009 at 10:18:06 pm

the 32 gig cards are harder to find then a date in a convent. where did you find them?

dano

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 4, 2009 at 10:34:38 pm

[dano motley] "the 32 gig cards are harder to find then a date in a convent."
I thought she was wearing an odd outfit when we went out to dinner. She wouldn't tell me where she lived. That explains that.

http://www.jr.com/sandisk/pe/SAD_SDSDRH032GA/
Out of stock.
I must have bought the last two they had in January. Actually I know someone else who flew into NY about two weeks later and bought two more. That was the last I heard of anyone finding them.

The only place I see them in stock and that's not a good price but they have a monopoly at this point.
http://www.memorysuppliers.com/sa32uliisdhi.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]