FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firewire Question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Cadieux
Firewire Question
on Feb 24, 2009 at 8:45:10 pm

I am assuming this is impossible due to the different codecs, but could I connect a JVC110u to my EX1 in HDV mode (as a deck) via firewire and transfer footage?

Thanks.

-Aaron Cadieux

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Firewire Question
on Feb 25, 2009 at 5:24:56 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "could I connect a JVC110u to my EX1 in HDV mode (as a deck) via firewire and transfer footage? "

The manual states that you can connect any HDV compatible "recorder" (deck or camera) using iLINK but only material that was shot in SP (HDV) mode is able to be transferred. The 3 HDV modes are:

• SP 1080/60i
  • SP 1080/50i
  • SP 1080/24p

You can record in any of the above SP modes to the EX SxS Pro cards and to the HDV device simultaneously depending how you set things up in the EX menu. It's also possible to transfer clips from the SxS Pro cards to the NLE of a computer using iLINK but again, only if the material is HDV. Although the manual doesn't mention it, logic dictates that you should also be able to to transfer clips already recorded on the EX cards to another HDV deck or camera using the same method.

The manual states that you can also go the other way from the iLINK connected deck or camera and transfer HDV footage to the SxS Pro cards of the EX. Again, use the the 3 SP recording modes as your guide.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]