FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing non linear (EX3)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bastiaan amsing
Editing non linear (EX3)
on Feb 15, 2009 at 11:32:19 am

Hi There,

I am a graphic designer, about 5 years ago, i was an editor and i shoot stuff with professional sony equipment, about 3 weeks ago i bought a EX3 to work with multimedia/video again, but now i have to buy a good editingmachine. I can spend my money only once and don't know what is the best choice, to work with an apple (final cut pro, motion etc) or a windows machine(adobe AE/ premiere), i can work with both. Does anybody have tips? I am making multimedia applications and short companymovies..

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Editing non linear (EX3)
on Feb 15, 2009 at 3:16:49 pm

Mac vs. PC- that's an old debate. I'd suggest going to an Apple Store and playing with Final Cut Studio because it's harder to get a good demo of Premiere on a PC. If you like it and you can afford the more expensive hardware- go Mac. If you hate it and you want to save some dough- go PC.

The nice bonus of Mac is you can run Final Cut Pro and Adobe whereas on PC it's only Adobe. Personally I've used both and would never go back to cutting on a PC.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 17, 2009 at 4:39:00 pm

And of course a Mac would allow you to run Windows specific software at any point with Bootcamp natively or virtually with Parallels or Fusion.

I used to engineer at a facility that had both Mac and Windows Avids. Everyone (and I do mean everyone) hated editing on the Windows versions. Not that the editing was any different, battling the Windows OS was a pain for the none computer geek editors.

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Feb 17, 2009 at 5:06:05 pm

..don't pretend to start debate here, but take a look to Sony Vegas with a real PC workstation... once tried final cut and I stay on the PC side (and yes I donĀ“t like windows neither....)...

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

Ken Harper
on Feb 18, 2009 at 8:35:16 pm

I am currently using a Quadcore Mac with FCP Suite and AfterFX. The beauty of this is I can Create In AE set up a render then go back to editing in FC without the system chocking. I have a PC for AE as well but rarely use. I do like the Mac.

Return to posts index

bastiaan amsing
on Feb 19, 2009 at 8:58:20 pm

Thanks for all your input! I am going to take a closer look to sony vegas.. :) and going to ther nearest mac store, i can only give out my money once.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]