FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy sxs cards in camera?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Schultz
copy sxs cards in camera?
on Feb 11, 2009 at 11:04:18 pm

I thought that the EX-1 had the ability to copy from one SxS card A-slot to B-slot in the camera. If so, I can't find it in the menus. I'm hoping I did read that the camera had this capability because I'm thinking of doing transfers without a computer from SxS to MxR 16gig cards in camera without a computer in the field.

Maybe I just dreamt it up though...

Bruce Schultz
F900R/EX-1 owner/oper.
LA-based IATSE 600

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: copy sxs cards in camera?
on Feb 12, 2009 at 1:23:36 pm

No, you certainly didn't dream that up, you can copy files from one SXS card to another (slot A to Slot B). I'm away from my camera right now but there is a menu provision called 'copy' but I can't recall where.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Bruce Schultz
on Feb 12, 2009 at 11:48:19 pm

OK, great I'm not crazy but I still can't find a "copy" menu item so maybe I'm just stupid.

Bruce Schultz
F900R/EX-1
LA-based IATSE 600

Return to posts index

Kerry Brown
on Feb 13, 2009 at 1:49:52 am

When in the Media mode push on the joystick on top of the camera and the menu pops on.
Select copy clip.

KB

Return to posts index

ronn kilby
on Feb 15, 2009 at 7:16:28 pm

Unfortunately, you can not copy the entire card from slot a-to-b etc, you can only copy a clip. To copy an entire card you have to copy every clip, one at a time. Sucks.

http://www.kilby.tv

Return to posts index

Bruce Schultz
on Feb 16, 2009 at 10:28:25 pm

Thanks for that info, it only doesn't suck if you've shot one long clip like an interview and you can copy that easily. This feature, nonetheless is nicely hidden and undocumented as far as I can see.

Bruce Schultz
F900R/EX-1
LA-based IATSE 600

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 16, 2009 at 11:23:01 pm

[Bruce Schultz] "This feature, nonetheless is nicely hidden and undocumented as far as I can see. "

Hi Bruce,

If you go to page 84 of the PDF version of the EX1 operation manual you can read all about copying a clip from one card to another. The same info is available on page 85 of the hard copy manual that came in your EX1 box.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]