Craig Seeman
BBC Whitepaper on EX XDCAM cameras
on Feb 10, 2009 at 4:13:09 pm

BBC Whitepaper on EX cameras

This is just the intro
BBC EX Intro

Full document here
BBC EX XDCAM Whitepaper PDF

Great article complete with tests, EXPLANATIONS of Picture Profile settings and their recommended settings for "video" and "film" look. There are a couple of minor mistakes in it but it's something that Sony should be distributing.

Return to posts index

Nick Hill
Re: BBC Whitepaper on EX XDCAM cameras
on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:35:17 pm

That's very helpful, thanks for posting. I got my EX3 this week and haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet so this will help a lot :)

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Feb 10, 2009 at 10:39:23 pm

That's very helpful, and interesting. Someone had posted the BBC high def standards on an earlier thread; and per their requirements, the camera wouldn't have met the BBC standards for HD because it was only 35Mbps and not 50 or 100Mbps. Maybe the BBC changed their mind after testing the EX1.

They said that "little is to be gained by using the detachable lens on the EX3" regarding lens aberration. But they didn't say anything about using other lenses or adaptors. Info and/or recommendations about this would have been more helpful.

Return to posts index

Sverker Hahn
on Feb 12, 2009 at 8:11:22 pm

If one is aiming to shoot for BBC, then add the Convergent Design´s NanoFlash to the camera. Seems to be a rather cheap upgrade, without needing a new camera.

Still too expensive for me, though ...

Sverker Hahn, Stockholm

Slower is better!

Sony EX1
Final Cut Studio 2
iMac Intel
MacBook Pro 15"

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 12, 2009 at 8:14:28 pm

[Sverker Hahn] "If one is aiming to shoot for BBC, then add the Convergent Design´s NanoFlash to the camera."

It's not needed. I think the point of the white paper is that they DO accept XDCAM EX codec and have recommended settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]