FORUMS: list search recent posts

viewing xdcam footage on clip browser

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bob carden
viewing xdcam footage on clip browser
on Feb 9, 2009 at 8:01:10 pm

After downloadinb footage to an external hard drive from the SxS card, cannot view clips in the XD Cam viewer. It works well directly from the card. The external hard drive appears on the XD Viewer menu but am unable to view it on the viewer. Help

Bob

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: viewing xdcam footage on clip browser
on Feb 9, 2009 at 8:20:13 pm

In order for anyone to offer intelligent advice please list all versions of software involved and an exact step by step of what you've done.

On Mac
ClipBrowser2 to copy
XDCAM Transfer 2.8 to wrap to .MOV
FCP 6.0.2 and up needed to view XDCAM EX files

On Windows
ClipBrowser2 to copy
Wrap to MXF or use as MP4 depending on your NLE
Some users prefer to transcode to other codecs as needed

VLC will play MP4 on both platforms

Return to posts index

bob carden
on Feb 9, 2009 at 8:26:06 pm

Thanks, I do not have FCP, have Mac version 10.5. When I insert the card into the card reader I then open the XDCAM Clip Browser, its menu recoginzes the card, I double click and the clips play in the viewer. But that same footage, downloaded to a external drive will not play in Clip Browser, Clip Browser recognizes the hard drive in its menu, but when I double click, nothing happens.

Bob

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 9, 2009 at 9:02:19 pm

[bob carden] "But that same footage, downloaded to a external drive will not play in Clip Browser, Clip Browser recognizes the hard drive in its menu, but when I double click, nothing happens. "

Make sure you've copied the entire BPAV folder to your destination drive; not just the contents of the folder but also the folder itself. The folder name must continue to be called BPAV. Create a new folder on your destination drive. You can name it whatever you wish. Use Clip browser to copy the BPAV folder to this new parent folder. When copying is complete navigate to your new parent folder on your destination drive using Clip Browser's upper window. Clip Browser will "see" the BPAV folder inside and your clips will be automatically be displayed in the upper window.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]