FORUMS: list search recent posts

Review for Shot Matching EX-3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Kist
Review for Shot Matching EX-3
on Feb 7, 2009 at 5:14:31 pm

Dear Colleagues,
How can I review a shot from a card in slot B and match it with a live image to be recorded in slot A without switching from camera to playback mode? is that possible to do with an EX-3?

greetings,

Thomas Kist
Freelance D.o.P
Amsterdam,The Netherlands
PDW-700,EX-3&Letus,FCP 6
http://www.thomaskist.com

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Review for Shot Matching EX-3
on Feb 7, 2009 at 7:32:24 pm

[Thomas Kist] "How can I review a shot from a card in slot B and match it with a live image to be recorded in slot A without switching from camera to playback mode?"

I'm assuming you're referring to the "freeze mix" function where you can superimpose a still image from your last clip onto the current live shot for frame matching purposes. Unfortunately the clip being reviewed that the "freeze mix" still image is pulled from has to reside on the same card you wish to record to. The EX can only review clips from the currently selected card.

Your option is to copy your reference clip (or a portion of it) to the same card you're recording to for the freeze mix function to work. The other limitations of the freeze mix function are:

• Freeze mix will not work if the review clip is in a different recording format than what you're currently shooting.
  • The freeze mix function won't work if you're shooting SP 1080/24p (who knew).
  • The freeze mix won't work if you're shooting in over or under crank modes.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]