Craig Seeman
XDCAM and XDCAM EX workflow for Premiere Pro CS3
on Feb 3, 2009 at 6:51:34 am

XDCAM and XDCAM EX workflow for Premiere Pro CS3

Return to posts index

Bryan Deuchar
Re: XDCAM and XDCAM EX workflow for Premiere Pro CS3
on Feb 15, 2009 at 4:41:04 pm

While my computer recognises EX3 footage with Sony's Clip Browser, my Premiere will not read any BPAV files and footage I've dumped to a DVD is not recognised by a client's computer. Everything else is in order but BPAV Folders appear to be an alien concept! How would clients with isolated computers see my/their footage?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCAM and XDCAM EX workflow for Premiere Pro CS3
on Feb 15, 2009 at 7:22:47 pm

[Bryan Deuchar] "How would clients with isolated computers see my/their footage? "

By making sure they have a copy of Sony's Browser on their computers. You could even include it on one of the data DVD's you give them with instructions (from you) on how to install the program and view the clips.

You didn't mention what version of Premiere you're using. With CS3 you need the last Premiere update before CS4 came out to edit EX footage. CS4 editing should be a piece of cake. I don't know how Premiere handles BPAV folders since I'm not a user but with on a Mac computer the BPAV folders have to reside within their own parent folders before Clip Browser or Sony's Transfer Tool app. (Mac only) will recognize them. You also cannot change the actual BPAV name.

While there are experts of the various NLE's that visit this forum from time to time and are more than willing to share their insights you might consider asking your questions about Premiere Pro in the appropriate Adobe forum. You might get a faster response.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]