FORUMS: list search recent posts

The "No Media" Problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Stumpf
The "No Media" Problem
on Jan 26, 2009 at 12:39:15 am

Hey everyone,

I cannot for the life of me get the Sony XDcam Transfer program to import my files into Final Cut! Whenever I add a folder, the clips are identified, but the window says "No Media". I have Final Cut Studio 2, version 2.5.1 of XDcam transfer. I have tried the suggestion of putting the BPAV folder in a different folder and opening it (claims there are no files) as well as bring the .mp4 file into FCP (says Codec Not found. You may using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card)

I imagine the footage has to be there, but I cannot access it. any help whatsoever from those who have overcome this hurdle would me most appreciated!

Thanks,

Brent

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: The "No Media" Problem
on Jan 26, 2009 at 2:24:45 am

Try updating to XD Cam Transfer 2.8
http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowContent.action?logicalname=ssw-bc-xdcame...

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Brent Stumpf
on Jan 26, 2009 at 2:42:26 am

Michael,

Turns out the problem was as simple as Quicktime needing an update. Appreciate the help though.

Best,

Brendan

Return to posts index

David Wilbert
on Jan 28, 2009 at 6:57:51 am

I have BPAV files on my hard drive - I have XDCAM transfer 2.8.0. I have the most current update of Quicktime. Can I view my files through XDCAM transfer in a Quicktime window, if so, can someone please help me out.

I've opened up a few of the files and they have opened up in Quicktime, but only the audio portion.

Can someone please help me out with this problem?

Also the files that I opened in Quicktime - I can no longer use the "add source" in XDCAM to open those files in XDCAM transfer using the Quicktime window!

I hope this makes sense! Please try to help!!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 28, 2009 at 3:15:04 pm

The contents of a BPAV (MP4) can be viewed in ClipBrowser, XDCAM Transfer, VLC. They can not be viewed in Quicktime. MOV can be viewed in Quicktime after XDCAM Transfer as re-wraped the MP4 to MOV (and you have FCP 6.0.2 and up).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]