FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1 wont boot up

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Diaz
Sony EX1 wont boot up
on Jan 21, 2009 at 12:58:54 am

Hi there,
Im experiencing a problem with the Sony PMW EX1.
The camera turns on but gets stuck in the main screen 'XDCAM EX' while booting up. Thats all I see, it crashes in this start up screen. If I want to turn it off it wont do it, if I turn the switch to Media also it wont respond.
Its very hot down here in Patagonia (35 degrees Celsius) and I run out of batteries with the camera on (but not recording). After that I tried to turn it on with a fully charged battery and this issue arise.
Does anybody has a clue what this can be? Or how to start up the camera when it has crashed/frozen in this way?
I tried taking the back up battery but no results. I tried plugging the camera to the power cord but no change.
Any suggestion will be very welcomed since I need desperately to keep on shooting with the camera right now.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Sony EX1 wont boot up
on Jan 21, 2009 at 3:50:43 am

Maybe change the environment- i.e. temperature, moisture level where you're trying to turn it on. Otherwise might be fried and need to be sent in for service.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Sebastian Diaz
on Jan 21, 2009 at 3:41:41 pm

Thanks for your promt answer,
Hopefully the camera is ´confused´ rather than ´fried´. I tried everything Sony Europe and in the USA advised me to do. So far the camera refuses to collaborate. I will send it to Sony In Buenos Aires were they never heard of a heat related problem with this cameras.

Sebastian

Return to posts index

artur szymocha
on Jul 25, 2009 at 5:30:07 pm

Hi sebastian im having exactly the same problem as you. My camera turns on but gets stuck in the main screen 'XDCAM EX' while booting up. How did u resolve this problem?

Return to posts index

Sebastian Diaz
on Jul 25, 2009 at 8:03:53 pm

Hi Artur,
My problem was a big one since the main board burn out. I had to change the board for a new one which required the machine to be set up back again from scratch.
I hope this is not your issue and somehow you can resolve the problem by resetting the camera.
All the Best,
Sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]