FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gilbert Le
Help
on Jan 13, 2009 at 9:22:29 pm

Hi Don,

You seem like the person that might be able to help me out. I've shot some footage using the ex1 camera and was sucessful in transfering all the files over using xdcam transfer. However, only one file only transfered half the video over to quicktime. xdcam transfer shows the duration at 24 mins but only transfered 10 mins of footage. The first half says no media. What can I do to find the lost footage?

Thanks!

Gilbert

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Help
on Jan 13, 2009 at 10:10:56 pm

"What can I do to find the lost footage? "

It is not lost, you just need to include it by checking it in the Information/Logging window under subclips.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Gilbert Le
on Jan 13, 2009 at 10:42:03 pm

Hi Michael,

Yes, everything under logging including subclip are checked. When exported, only 10 mins of duration out of of a 24 minute clip was able to transfer over to quicktime. The rest of the 14 minutes strangely says no media.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 13, 2009 at 10:23:58 pm

Gilbert,

Does your problem clip by any chance span more than one card?

- Don

Return to posts index

Gilbert Le
on Jan 13, 2009 at 10:49:04 pm

The clip does say incomplete but I checked all the other folders and could not find anything. Some of the other clips shows the same problem of incomplete but directed me at the end of the clip where to locate the clip in another folder but this clip that I'm having problems with doesn't read anything. The entire clip shows on xdcam transfer a duration time of 24 minutes but only exports 10 mins of footage. The rest of the 14 mins reads No media.

Thanks Don,

Gilbert

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 13, 2009 at 11:07:52 pm

It sounds suspiciously like the first part of your clip is contained within another BPAV folder and probably the one that was recorded just before this one. Note the clip name and go looking for it within another BPAV folder. Don't just open up a BPAV folder and try to find it that way. Navigate to each BPAV folder with Sony's Transfer Tool. When you find it keep that BPAV folder visible and then navigate to the other BPAV folder that contains the last 14 minutes of the clip you're trying to stitch back together. Once all the pieces are viewable in the Transfer Tool the program will automatically combine all the pieces. All that's left to do is import the completed clip.

You didn't mention how you're viewing the BPAV folders. If you're just using the camera as a deck connected to your computer via USB then you have to have both cards that contain the pieces of your incomplete clip inserted into the camera and mounted on the desktop so the Transfer Tool can access them.

An alternate way is to copy the PBAV folders from each card into their own unique folder on a hard drive. Never change the name of any BPAV folder because the Transfer Tool will not see it. The folders that you create for each BPAV folder can be named whatever you like. Once that's done navigate to all your copied BPAV folders within the Transfer Tool until they're all visible. The program will "see" all the incomplete clips and recombine everything.

See if this solves your missing "first part of the clip" issue.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]