FORUMS: list search recent posts

Z7u / Z5u questions

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Allen
Z7u / Z5u questions
on Jan 12, 2009 at 4:49:47 pm

I know this is the CineAlta forum but I thought some of you might have some insight.

1. Does the Z7u shoot true progressive in progressive mode? True 23.98 fps. Is it in a 60i wrapper? Can FCP take this progressive image in through the firewire or do I need to use the Kona LHe to import (do not have cards for this camera yet, will be using tapes for now).

2. What important settings do I need to be sure to turn off, in order to get the best image possible. Does the steady shot function degrade the image for example. I also would think that I would need to set the gain limit to about 6db when in auto or just leave it off and shoot 0 db most of the time.

3. What important settings to turn on?

4. What is the best stabilization when not using a tripod?

Most of the setting are pretty straight forward and I will attempt to set up the handycam just as I would my XDCam 350, however, there are some things like image stabilization and auto focus ect. that are not common on large or older camcorders.

For my main coprorate job I us the sony XDCam F350. I just purchased the Z5u for my personal business and would like a few comments from pro users of the Z7u (which should be very close to the menu settings on the Z5u)in reference to proper setup. I do not have tons of experience with prosumer handycams. All comments will be appreciated.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]