FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX 3 Lenses

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Denlinger
EX 3 Lenses
on Jan 8, 2009 at 7:26:58 pm

Has anyone used/purchased the Fujinon WA lens for EX 3? How is it's DOF? and image? I am not convinced that the Letus-like adapters are best for me especially in the field. Has anyone had experience using the supplied 1/2 adapter with other 1/2 lenses to get a "cinema look"

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Chris Stevens
Re: EX 3 Lenses
on Jan 9, 2009 at 10:05:34 am

Yes John, I have the new WA Fujinon lens for the EX3, and a fine beast it is. However, if you're looking for a shallow dof, this is not the lens for you. You will need an adapter & suitable lenses for that. But if you need the ability to shoot wide, have the same focus facilities as the standard lens & use the same zoom demand, this is the lens to use. Physically it's a little heavier & longer than the standard, but doesn't make hand held operation any more difficult. Image wise I have only seen my back focus chart through it so far, but will endeavour to test it this weekend & give some feedback early next week.

G5 dual 2.7, OS10.5.1, 4G RAM
Media100 HD V12 & Producer, AE 7
5.6 terra RAID

Return to posts index

John Denlinger
on Jan 9, 2009 at 6:16:34 pm

Great feedback, thanks. Do you own the lens or rent it? Where did you get it if you own it? Eager to see what your in field test show for pix quality. Have you used the supplied adapter with any other 1/2 lenses?

Return to posts index

Marc Chapuis
on Jan 9, 2009 at 9:17:36 pm

I'm glad someone brought this topic up. I've also been looking for a but wider as well as longer lens than the stock lens and after researching the lens adaptors I've come to the conclusion that they aren't "there" yet with them for my needs.

Are there other lenses that either go straight into the ex3's body or that simply use the supplied or other simple screw in adaptor? The stock lens is good but I too am looking for another option that give me more choices.

Thanks,

Marc Chapuis

Return to posts index

John Denlinger
on Jan 9, 2009 at 9:29:55 pm

It is my understanding that as of now only the stock lens and Fujinon Wide Angle for EX fit directly on the EX 3 body

Return to posts index

Chris Stevens
on Jan 10, 2009 at 11:29:09 am

I bought the lens from Mitcorp, London. I believe it's the first one in the UK.
I haven't tried any other 1/2 inch lenses with the adapter yet, but plan to use a Letus with 35mm Nikon lenses when I have a shoot that allows sufficient time for tinkering with such toys!

G5 dual 2.7, OS10.5.1, 4G RAM
Media100 HD V12 & Producer, AE 7
5.6 terra RAID

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]