FORUMS: list search recent posts

ex3 lost BPAV please help!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dino ziric
ex3 lost BPAV please help!!
on Jan 8, 2009 at 12:08:22 am

My first shoot on the EX3 and i deleted all the BPAV files. I kept only the MP4's. Now i need to "rewrap" the MP4's into BPAV. I cannot use the XDCam Clip Browser because i am not Intel based. I need help to figure it out fast. I have around 30 gigs and a deadline. I am working with:

1.5Ghz PowerPC G4
1.5GB DDR SDRAM
XDCAM Transfer Software 2.5.1
FCP 6.0.5
Sony EX3

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: ex3 lost BPAV please help!!
on Jan 8, 2009 at 12:58:12 am

First all the moderators are going to line up and paddle you as you go passed.
Please say you were simply possessed by demons when the BPAV was deleted.

XDCAM Transfer 2.8 to the rescue. Update to that. Drop MP4s into a folder of your creation. Open XDCAM Transfer 2.8 and Add folder on the left side panel. After breathing that sigh of relief promise you will always back up the BPAV folders for ever more.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: ex3 lost BPAV please help!!
on Jan 8, 2009 at 4:05:07 am

"After breathing that sigh of relief promise you will always back up the BPAV folders for ever more."

And never delete any of these files ever again. You will need all of them.

It always amazes me when people think intuitively and think opening and deleting files is what they are suppose to be doing. I honestly believe this won't be the last post this month like this. I remember way back when Micro Soft Windows introduced the Registry and everyone knew it would be trouble if they opened it, but it didn't take long for many to need to reformat and start over. Oh well I learned the hard way a lot in my life too.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]