FORUMS: list search recent posts

xdcam transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Ebed
xdcam transfer
on Dec 22, 2008 at 9:15:05 pm

HELP.I have been using xdcam transfer with FCP HD downloading SxS card with no problems until now. I now try to open the file in xdcam transfer and get a NO CLIP message. I can see the full clip thread in FCP but cant open it due to the xdcam transfer problem.I cant even play clips that I can see the clip thumb nail above the play window in the transfer like use use to be able to like when your cutting the clip down(in / out) before you import it.
Thanks
Phill

PHILL.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: xdcam transfer
on Dec 23, 2008 at 3:47:58 am

It's hard for me to figure out what's going on from your post.
What version of FCP (exact number)?
What version of XDCAM Transfer?
What specific format of XDCAM EX did you shoot?
I'm not sure what you mean by "see full clip thread in FCP"
Exactly what "file" are you trying to open?
Is it Folder with BPAV inside or?
Without details all one can do is guess at a lot of things.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Dec 23, 2008 at 6:32:05 am

Phillip,

You've stated that you've been able to import and view clips with the Sony Transfer Tool previously but now you can't. Think about what's changed with your system: from being able to use the Transfer Tool to now where you can't. Have you added or deleted any software?

Any additional info would help us to provide you with an educated guess instead of "maybe try this and see what happens."

- Don

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Dec 23, 2008 at 9:34:38 am

Sounds like you've maybe disabled the preference to automatically fetch proxies (at the bottom of XDCAM Transfer menu > Preferences window >> Cache tab)

That makes for much quicker import if you're not logging first ... if you want to keep that turned off then you can manually pull in a proxy or proxies by a number of methods:

You can select the source in the left hand pane and choose File > Fetch Proxies for Source, or you can select an individual clip or selection of clips in the right hand pane and choose File > Fetch Proxy for Clip (or Fetch Proxies for Clips).

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]