FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony ex3 mic

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dano motley
Sony ex3 mic
on Dec 15, 2008 at 5:12:58 am

i am purchasing a sony ex3 camera this week and was wondering what external shotgun mic i should purchase? any recomendations/experiences would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

dano

Return to posts index

Joe Tyler
Re: Sony ex3 mic
on Dec 18, 2008 at 8:18:31 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Sanken CS-3. Great sweet sounding shotgun, great pickup range, Phantom 48v power. Pretty pricey as an on-board mic.

http://www.killianthered.com
DP in the Washington Dc Area

Return to posts index

bob mark
on Dec 26, 2008 at 4:38:59 pm

If you are looking at low cost, but decent quality, check out: Sennheiser ME66/K6, Audio Technica AT897 or Rode NTG2. If you have even less $$ to spend, look at the AT875.

I haven't tried the EX3 mount, but for some reason the mic mount on the EX1 does not snugly fit some pro shotgun mics.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Dec 29, 2008 at 5:21:28 pm

After mulling around a few of the reviews out there, we picked up the Sennheiser to use as a boom mic. We've been very pleased with it. We use it on a pole rather than on any of our cameras. On a whim I tried attaching it to the EX-1, but its diameter is too small. I haven't had the need or opportunity to find some foam or something to make a liner for it. Our EX-3 is on order, I'm interested in seeing whether it has the same inner diameter on the mount.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]