FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 FB adjust and other issues

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Wyndham
EX3 FB adjust and other issues
on Dec 14, 2008 at 11:37:52 am

Just got an EX3 yesterday and I am already having issues.

The first is the FB Adjust function. Has anyone got a cast iron way of making this damn thing work? Each time I try it it focusses on my back focus chart, then it zooms back out and finds focus again, but then it immediately says "NG: Timeout". There is more than enough light on the chart and I have tried as best I can to give it a plain wall with the chart on it. But still no avail. It is driving me nuts!

The second issue is that sometimes I find that the cameras servo zoom will go full speed one way, but only slowly in the opposite direction. I have to turn the camera off then on again to get it working.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: EX3 FB adjust and other issues
on Dec 14, 2008 at 1:28:08 pm

Have you tried removing lens and checking pins to make sure you have good contacts.

That is about all I think you can do yourself. If camera still does not work right you will have to take it back to the dealer for a replacement.

I had issues with my EX3 lens, zoom would not work slow, it was very jerky. I got a replacement lens from Sony, it took about 10 days. My dealer lent me a spare lens while mine was at the Sony service center.

When I got the new lens I had to set the Back Focus and it worked perfectly. I actually did it outdoors with a person holding BF chart, I was amazed that it worked.

I have not had any issues since.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]