FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mounting Lectrosonics Lav

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Chapuis
Mounting Lectrosonics Lav
on Dec 8, 2008 at 3:08:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm wanting to purchase a Lectrosonics UCR201 wireless lav but am wondering how to mount it to my EX-3. I see that they have a mounting box BEC-201 Wireless Receiver Holder. I was wondering if there's a whay to get that boc on the EX-3 or if you all knew of other ways to mount it. From what I can tell the Lectro reciever has no mounting plate right on the unit itself for direct mounting to a shoe or other method.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Marc Chapuis
Creative Director
Chapuis Creative

Dallas, TX

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Mounting Lectrosonics Lav
on Dec 9, 2008 at 4:09:18 am

There is a company called Bracket1 that makes what you're looking for (at least for the EX1). I know they're stuff is available at b&h.

Regards,
Dave J

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: Mounting Lectrosonics Lav
on Dec 9, 2008 at 1:08:02 pm

I use the Bracket 1 on my EX3, it works very well.

http://www.bracket1.com/

I even use it in conjunction with a rail system (Cavision) for mattbox or Q-vision Teleprompter, I put a custom post on the bracket to hold the top mounted monitor.

It basically makes the EX3 accept anything a full size camera does.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Marc Chapuis
Re: Mounting Lectrosonics Lav-Solution
on Dec 9, 2008 at 10:15:07 pm

Thanks gents for the responses.

I did see the bracket1 mount as well as the anton bauer battery mount that will accept a screw on adapter to hold a receiver box. The downside I felt that the bracket1 mount has is that its on the front of the camera. Since the EX3 is already too front heavy for my taste that didn't sound like a good option to me.

The anton bauer gold mount is a good option since it puts the receivers on the back of the camera and acts as a counterbalance to the heavy front end. The downside is it costs alot and I just bought a bunch of sony batteries. The other thing is that it covers up the stock battery mount so you just cant use the bracket minus the anton bauer battery to get the receivers to mount since then you wouldn't be able to mount the sony batteries.

The solution I found was the BEC bracket.

http://www.thebecgroup.com/ They have 2 great solutions. One is a shoe mount that's very sturdy. They have a vertical and horizontal mount. You can find them at BH: B&H #BEHSAHORZ

I also found their mounting box B&H# BE201
This little beauty will mount to the bracket I mentioned above and has threads to accept another box so you can stack as many as you want.

Another great thing that BEC has is another bracket that mounts under the camera and puts the receiver boxes behind the camera a touch and out to the right. Its also at BH # BEDVCAMBHD There's actually a better shot of it at BEC's website.

What I like about these solutions is that it puts the wireless receivers to the rear of the camera thus reducing the already front heaviness of the EX3. I called Mike the owner at BEC and he told me that the bottom bracket sturdiness has the added advantage of acting as sort of a rear handle since its so solid. The bracket also allows you to still attach your tripod mounting plate. Another thing I like is that on the rear of the camera nothing gets in the way from me using the zoom buttons on the front. The only downside I see with the rear bracket is its price: $224. Since it uses the same boxes as the shoe mount you can stack these to your hearts delight.

I think I'm going to get the shoe mount and use the rear shoe and mount the horizontally. I'll see how stable that is. If I don't like it I'll get the bottom bracket. Hopefully this will work and at the same time take some weight off the front and of course hold 1-2 receivers.

Best,

Marc Chapuis
Creative Director

Chapuis Creative
Dallas, TX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]